Welcome to Grand Theft ArmA - The Altis Life Community

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Grand Theft ArmA is looking to expand its development team, do you have what it takes?

Read more
DnA

General Discussion (development)

1215 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Sway said:

You are right, my bad.
It has indeed been disabled, camera still is enable and still has lock on but thermals are removed, correct.

Thats a bit  stupid init :;

15 minutes ago, Lullbear said:

Thats a bit  stupid init :;

Why? Scouting the whole map in 5m isnt op?

3 minutes ago, Bjorhusdal said:

No beacuse you need to pay 15 million to do so.

32 minutes ago, JamesKay said:

No beacuse you need to pay 15 million to do so.

Sure, but you can also pay 5m and scout in a hellcat. No one is forcing you to buy either one of those two, and the jet was originally put in as a fun element, not as a element to be used in combat and such.

Its also pretty much impossible to lose the jet, unless you do some stupid shit like fly trough a greenzone or combateject from it.

Edited by Bjorhusdal

Just now, Bjorhusdal said:

Sure, but you can also pay 5m and scout in a hellcat. No one is forcing you to buy either one of those two, and the jet was originally put in as a fun element, not as a element to be used in combat and such.

Exactly, people purchased the jet as it is a vehicle that is fun to fly around in, yes theirs a hellcat but in a hellcat, auto-hovered is boring where as you can fly around and actually have fun in a jet, i don't see why the jet was removed, people payed their hard earned 15 mill for it now its useless? also if your saying you can scout the whole map in 5 mins with a jet what makes it so you cant do so without thermals? Since i'm not the best with handling jets and spotting at the same time, i wouldn't use the jet to scout runs with thermals if i had a jet in the first place.

Just now, JamesKay said:

Exactly, people purchased the jet as it is a vehicle that is fun to fly around in, yes theirs a hellcat but in a hellcat, auto-hovered is boring where as you can fly around and actually have fun in a jet, i don't see why the jet was removed, people payed their hard earned 15 mill for it now its useless? also if your saying you can scout the whole map in 5 mins with a jet what makes it so you cant do so without thermals? Since i'm not the best with handling jets and spotting at the same time, i wouldn't use the jet to scout runs with thermals if i had a jet in the first place.

Jet isn't removed. You can still use the radar to scout which in itself is great. Im guessing they removed the thermals so the jet is still good to spot trucks and such, but worse at spotting infantry. The jet was basically a drone, just better.

Just now, Bjorhusdal said:

Jet isn't removed. You can still use the radar to scout which in itself is great. Im guessing they removed the thermals so the jet is still good to spot trucks and such, but worse at spotting infantry. The jet was basically a drone, just better.

What does the radar do sorry? Im not someone that uses jets, ever.

11 minutes ago, JamesKay said:

What does the radar do sorry? Im not someone that uses jets, ever.

Gives you an indication of where there is heat signatures in a 360 degree view. If you are experienced you can use this to pinpoint where the signature is coming from.

Like this

Edited by Bjorhusdal

46 minutes ago, Bjorhusdal said:

Gives you an indication of where there is heat signatures in a 360 degree view. If you are experienced you can use this to pinpoint where the signature is coming from.

Like this

Radar is being completely reworked for the jets DLC/free update. As well as the bottom camera

3 hours ago, Bjorhusdal said:

Yeah but you NATo have drones and more stuff like blackfish etc lol

24 minutes ago, Lullbear said:

Yeah but you NATo have drones and more stuff like blackfish etc lol

Buggy drones, and a plane that only 3 people have access to, yes.

3 hours ago, JamesKay said:

Something is boring so it's not a valid strategy anymore? 

Edited by Verm

27 minutes ago, Verm said:

Something is boring so it's not a valid strategy anymore? 

This. Exactly this. If you want to use a jet because it is fun, go for it. But do not complain that it has no thermals when you do have a completely valid other option that you don't use because "it's boring".

My apologies to coming across this update and being so mindless. I hadn't even tried it and was already mindlessly writing paragraphs complaining about it. After now playing nearly a week of this new map I can say I haven't encountered cops not even a single time at the fields which is good for me. Now I have learnt the new map, I think it was a really good update and now illegal runs are shorter and easier to do. Good update, really looking forward to more.

The jet has always been there for entertainment. I have never used it in combat situations so I hardly feel that removing the thermals has 'ruined' it. They only had to be removed because people were using it and it was too OP. You guys don't really give DNA much choice. You complain if he keeps it as it's OP and you complain if he removes it. Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't...