Welcome to Grand Theft ArmA - The Altis Life Community

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Grand Theft ArmA is looking to expand its development team, do you have what it takes?

Read more
DnA

General Discussion (development)

1190 posts in this topic

It's useful to discuss changes that are made to our live servers sometimes. If you are aware of a bug please provide the necessary information to reproduce the issue.

I was wondering if the Level system can be nerf down?

About the perks system any ETA on the ""compensation"" of our old perks level?

Lako said somewhere that you were working on it guys

I was wondering if the Level system can be nerf down?

It's something I'm keeping a close eye on, however it was never intended to be extremely fast. There will eventually be more ways to earn experience. However I have a couple of big priority tasks that need finishing first. Soonâ„¢

About the perks system any ETA on the ""compensation"" of our old perks level?

Lako said somewhere that you were working on it guys

This is definitely going to happen and again all I can say right now is "soonâ„¢". You have not been forgotten :)

+1 to both :D (out of positive quotes, seems to happen alot) :D

Ohh, btw is there any chance of increasing the despawn time for vehicles owned by players offline? Experienced quite a few times now, engaging in robberies vs trucks, and when the shootout/engagement is over, then with the lockpicking time added to the whole time, the vehicles despawn b4 we can either process the stuff in them or sell it :/

+1 to both :D (out of positive quotes, seems to happen alot) :D

Ohh, btw is there any chance of increasing the despawn time for vehicles owned by players offline? Experienced quite a few times now, engaging in robberies vs trucks, and when the shootout/engagement is over, then with the lockpicking time added to the whole time, the vehicles despawn b4 we can either process the stuff in them or sell it :/

Currently if the player is offline for over 5 minutes, it cleans the vehicle up. I'll adjust this to 10 minutes for live at some point today.

Also note that while there is someone occupying the vehicle, the timer is "reset" until no one is occupying the vehicle, or the owner of the vehicle comes back online.

Well, Im not saying that it needs to be extremely fast

Just that nerf it down, not even MMORPG is that hardcore in their leveling experience, I felt like in level 6 is so hard to do it already
at least the 1-12 is easier to farm

Just that nerf it down, not even MMORPG is that hardcore in their leveling experience, I felt like in level 6 is so hard to do it already

The problem atm, aint the slow lvl gain, it's that the awesome perks are hard to get :P Bank job thing, and so on.. Limiting the options on server. (Missing heli lift, perhaps make 2 perks, one granting the lifting ability, and a greater lifting perk that allows lifting Heavy vehicles, like trucks ) :D

The problem atm, aint the slow lvl gain, it's that the awesome perks are hard to get :P Bank job thing, and so on.. Limiting the options on server. (Missing heli lift, perhaps make 2 perks, one granting the lifting ability, and a greater lifting perk that allows lifting Heavy vehicles, like trucks ) :D

Currently the level at which you get some perks needs to be re-adjusted, I agree.

As for gaining experience, more methods for both low and high level players will be implemented at some point. When that time comes, I will make a forum topic for suggestions/ideas on the matter. 

out of intrest in regard to the cleanup script.

- If i was to lend a truck to a community member with the keys and log out. Would the vehicle disappear after a period of time, if he is not in the vehicle.

(Yesturday someone reported that the lent truck, disappeared when they was going to process heroin) post HERE

out of intrest in regard to the cleanup script.

- If i was to lend a truck to a community member with the keys and log out. Would the vehicle disappear after a period of time, if he is not in the vehicle.

(Yesturday someone reported that the lent truck, disappeared when they was going to process heroin) post HERE

Unfortunately in its current form, yes it will cleanup even if you have that player has the keys. I am however re-working the backend for vehicles currently, so the cleanup can support more complex logic.

I don't know if this feature is on the server or not but I think there should be a perk that allows you to get out of a restraint, do you think that it would be possible to implement something like that?

I don't know if this feature is on the server or not but I think there should be a perk that allows you to get out of a restraint, do you think that it would be possible to implement something like that?

Totally against this idea - it would lead to way too much trolling.

Well you could always make it a high level perk so people need to work for it and won't troll?

Well you could always make it a high level perk so people need to work for it and won't troll?

Unfortunately, just because they are high level doesn't mean they won't troll.

In a perfect world - I do like the idea. But knowing how people are, they would just abuse it.

There's already a perk that reduces the amount of time you're restrained (It's 5 minutes by default).

If you've read the changelog and you're wondering why max level has been changed to 15 and processing XP has been nerfed;

Over the coming week perks are going to see a pretty major rebalance in terms of which perks you get access to at certain levels, and how many choices you get per level. Decreasing the max level allows us to distribute perks in a way that gives players more choices when they level-up at lower or higher levels.

When the perk balances goes live, it's most likely that I'll change the system so you get 2 perk choices per level, rather than just 1 to compensate for the 15 missing levels.

Another change that I'm considering is the conversion from XP to money if you're max level. Not 100% on the idea yet, or what the XP > money formula will be however.

Sounds great :D

An idea regaarding : Changed: Oil weight has been decreased to 7, from 8.

I do suggest changing the weigt in processed form, to like 5 or 6, the same goes for all the drugs, like cocaine, when processed every material we gathered should loose atleast 1 in weigt, since there is allways waste products from all processings, actually perhaps add some trader for wasteproducts in general,. and add when we process we get wasteproducts in inventory :D

I do suggest changing the weigt in processed form, to like 5 or 6, the same goes for all the drugs, like cocaine, when processed every material we gathered should loose atleast 1 in weigt, since there is allways waste products from all processings, actually perhaps add some trader for wasteproducts in general,. and add when we process we get wasteproducts in inventory :D

Agreed, you can use the same ratio used for the glass or salt or maybe less weight loss but those goods should lose weights once processed

Noted. Gathering and processing needs balancing at some point anyway, so I'll keep this in mind.

If you've read the changelog and you're wondering why max level has been changed to 15 and processing XP has been nerfed;

Over the coming week perks are going to see a pretty major rebalance in terms of which perks you get access to at certain levels, and how many choices you get per level. Decreasing the max level allows us to distribute perks in a way that gives players more choices when they level-up at lower or higher levels.

When the perk balances goes live, it's most likely that I'll change the system so you get 2 perk choices per level, rather than just 1 to compensate for the 15 missing levels.

Another change that I'm considering is the conversion from XP to money if you're max level. Not 100% on the idea yet, or what the XP > money formula will be however.

Woo~~~ I like it!

+10

Owh yea, when Medics repair, heal, or treat ourself, etc the exp does not apply on anything at all, only apply when we revive a person
Mind to fix it? 
Or its code to be like this?

Owh yea, when Medics repair, heal, or treat ourself, etc the exp does not apply on anything at all, only apply when we revive a person

Mind to fix it? 

Or its code to be like this?

Currently the medical system needs an overhaul before it can support XP correctly, without the ability to abuse the system. When the new inventory system is pushed out to live and tested, it's very likely I'll re-design the medical system next.

Currently the medical system needs an overhaul before it can support XP correctly, without the ability to abuse the system. When the new inventory system is pushed out to live and tested, it's very likely I'll re-design the medical system next.

Owh Sweet~ mind to give out some teaser for the new HUD?