Welcome to Grand Theft ArmA - The Altis Life Community

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Grand Theft ArmA is looking to expand its development team, do you have what it takes?

Read more
Klaus McDonald

The curious case of 'TEAMSPEAK NOW'

9 posts in this topic

Often while playing the server i have noticed an issue which is constantly brought up. 

I have found that in any confrontation it always ends in 'TS NOW' or 'Please come to teamspeak'

I find that often after almost every gunfight with anyone (apart from large gangs who know the rules well) it always ends with the same story

-Get into gunfight or robbery

-Win or lose said gunfight or robbery

-People trying to find anyway possible to get comp

-Explaining for hours how were in the right to the extent of waiting for a helper

-Being in the right

-Repeat.

I just think that it often can ruin experience with role play and immersion as it is often that no matter what anyone does people will desperately try and find holes in their actions before they even think about what happened. 

I think the attitude of 'Comp or ban' and 'get to teamspeak or ban' needs to change and people need to review the situation before shouting these things as it is often people do not wish to play for 20 mins and sit on teamspeak for 2 hours resolving it. 

Look at what happened and check the rules

Only if you know damn well you are right should you start the procedure of solving something because often there is simply no situation to solve. 

There is a massive gray area especially regarding initiation and whatnot. It's not always as simple as going to the rules section and checking if someone did something wrong. Things can get very complicated when every situation is different, and often even helpers have different opinions on certain things.

Although i do agree with you that people should try to do some more research before they accuse others, maybe speak to some helpers before you ask someone to get on TS and possibly waste their time.

Edited by Eyecon

24 minutes ago, Eyecon said:

There is a massive gray area especially regarding initiation and whatnot. It's not always as simple as going to the rules section and checking if someone did something wrong. Things can get very complicated when every situation is different, and often even helpers have different opinions on certain things.

I understand that but with a good knowledge of the rules, 90% of the time you can tell straight away. 

Just now, Klaus McDonald said:

I understand that but with a good knowledge of the rules, 90% of the time you can tell straight away. 

Maybe, but since a lot of things are not stated on the rulepage arguments regarding the details especially can still be made.

Just now, Eyecon said:

Maybe, but since a lot of things are not stated on the rulepage arguments regarding the details especially can still be made.

Yeah i completely understand there are areas which are open to discussion and to talk about but im talking about the majority of scenarios in which people wont even bother to apply knowledge and will blindly try and argue you were wrong even if the rule is stated in the rules. 

8 minutes ago, Klaus McDonald said:

Yeah i completely understand there are areas which are open to discussion and to talk about but im talking about the majority of scenarios in which people wont even bother to apply knowledge and will blindly try and argue you were wrong even if the rule is stated in the rules. 

They might blindly argue even if it's stated in the rules but you need to see both perspectives. Just because I initiate on someone doesn't mean that they heard it; is it my fault for bad initiation or because he had low volume? If I killed him he would presume RDM and I would assume FailRP. So that's why these things need to be resolved on Teamspeak.

1 minute ago, Klaus McDonald said:

Yeah, I've experienced that as well, often people will start to actively look for/even make up rule breaks after they have been defeated in one way or another and are a little upset. 

If I know I am right, I just ignore the request to go to ts, I'd rather resolve it by messages

Follow these simple steps to avoid being a "sidechat:bigian-down:warrior"

1. Dispute involved parties.
  2. Wait for the message on teamspeak or contact the people in question
  3. If ignored for reasonable time, proceed to report.

:bigian-downspin: