Welcome to Grand Theft ArmA - The Altis Life Community

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Have you linked your in-game account with the forums yet? If not then do it now and claim your £125,000 cash reward and forum award!

Link account
Extreme

The Drug Cartels - Friday 30th @ 4pm on S3

130 posts in this topic

BACKSTORY

Kavala and Pyrgos have their own drug cartels. They're long-standing enemies that have since settled on an uneasy truce. For the most part, things are peaceful, but "accidents" still happen when members from one faction cross into another's territory.

The Pyrgos Drug Cartel (PDC) is jealous of the Kavala Drug Cartel (KDC) because of the much higher population that can be found in Kavala and consequently the higher profits, something the founders of the PDC never expected as usually the capital city of a country has the largest population.

Rumour on the street has it that PDC leadership wants to shake things up.

The KDC are no fools though and know something is coming.

Both factions need soldiers.

Are you willing to fight?

WHAT IS THIS

This is your chance to roleplay as a soldier in a drug cartel for either Kavala or Pyrgos.   Your task is simple: Follow orders, slaughter the enemy and make sure your side wins. As a soldier you'll be placed in a crew with a Caporegime who is your captain. Above the captains you'll find the Underboss and the Boss. The latter is also known as 'The Don'.

HOW DO I SIGN UP

Post below which side you want to fight for ("Kavala / KDC" or "Pyrgos / PDC" ), assuming you can make it for Friday 30th at 4pm server restart time. The date/time might be changed so keep an eye on this thread.

CAN I HAVE A BIGGER ROLE?

Maybe. We need to fill these positions:

• Kavala Drug Cartel Boss/Don.
  • Pyrgos Drug Cartel Boss/Don.

You can post on this thread if you think you have what it takes to lead a bunch of people into battle.

Once we have a Don for both factions these then have ultimate responsibility in promoting soldiers to Caporegimes (their lieutenants/captains), assigning soldiers to each Capo and creating battle plans:

• The KDC Don will need to devise a defensive strategy to protect their cartel's valuable assets.
  • The PDC Don will need to devise an offensive strategy to inflict as much harm as possible on the KDC in a short time frame.

More information about what exactly is being defended / attacked will be given to each Don once chosen, so they can decide who gets to know what on a need-to-know basis.

The ideal Don must understand their role 100% from an RP perspective and be able to effectively plan and manage an ongoing combat situation that involves multiple lieutenants and potentially a lot of people spread across a wide geographic area. They might also have very little time to make their plans (we want to keep this flexible, dynamic and avoid meta gaming as much as possible, e.g. people leaking plans). Also the Don's have to be reachable by the other faction, i.e. they might be attacked.

If you can meet the stereotype of a Don/Boss that would also be superb (whether it's the Italian stereotype or your run-of-the-mill gangster from Essex - if that's even a thing, I don't know).

WHAT ABOUT BLUEFOR?

The idea is for BLUEFOR to be completely unaware of what's going on until a certain amount of time has passed (e.g. 60 to 90 minutes).

1 commanding officer is needed who can be imbued with full authority over APC and NATO for the duration of the event. Once the amount of time has passed then they're suddenly aware of what's going on and can decide whether to:

• Send in everything to clean up the bloodshed that's happening in their jurisdiction.
  • Eat popcorn and enjoy the gangsters killing each other.
  • Do something else - maybe accept a bribe and conveniently only go after members of one side?

HOW WILL WE KNOW WHO IS WHO?

Each side will have their own uniform (TBD), cartel tags and ideally will actually be in the corresponding cartel gang (so if you sign up please make sure you can leave your gang / make someone else a leader temporarily).

DO WE GET FREE GUNS?

When you show up please come with absolutely nothing on you except a backpack. You'll be given a shitty gun such as a PDW and a rook because you're a soldier that's being paid £50 / hour to sacrifice their life for monsters that don't care about you. That's the RP, but in reality we want this to be a fun, sprawling CQC event of organised rookbangers.

WILL THIS BE KOS?

The idea is that, yes, you'll be able to kill the other faction on sight because they'll be clearly identifiable by their colours (their uniform). And from a meta game perspective from their tags.

Although maybe you decide to take prisoners instead? That's also a possibility.

HOW WILL WE KNOW WHO WON?

There won't be a clear winner per se, rather, the amount of damage that the PDC manage to cause will determine potential future events. The idea is for your cartel's actions, successes and failures to carry over into the future. The same would go for you as a soldier (maybe if you survive and prove yourself you get an upgraded weapon and vest next time).

As an example of how actions can have consequences: if a Don is killed, then this might throw battle plans into disarray (although hopefully their 2IC will take over) in the moment but will lead to questions such as who will take over in the future and how will that take over happen (another potential event!). Same for whatever is successfully attacked / defended (you'll know more once it starts and/or if your Don tells you beforehand).

CAN I HELP ORGANISE THIS EVENT?

Yes, if you think you can be a Don and have the experience to back it up, then please post. The Don's are a crucial component because they're managing their whole faction (whether it's just 4 people showing up or 20 per side).

We also need 1 reliable APC/NATO commander who can make sure BLUEFOR stays away for X time and can RP their decision once their character learns about what's going on in their city area.

And finally any staff members that can help out with teleporting people, spawning stuff, using the Marauder's map or do other stuff to make sure everything is going more-or-less smoothly would be most appreciated. If you can do these things and are available please PM me.

TL;DR

On Friday 30th at 4pm restart time on Server 3 we're planning a massive firefight between hobos. You can join by posting whether you want to fight for the "Kavala Drug Cartel" (who will be defending) or the "Pyrgos Drug Cartel" (who will be attacking). You'll get gear when you arrive.

Stuff you do may impact future events and if you want a bigger role read the whole post!

Edited by Extreme
Added KOS section

Nice event, seems it will provie a lot of fun. can't wait for this.

(Kavala/KDC) KAVALA FTW !!!! count me in 

Edited by Waffles

Pyrgos PDC please

The pyrgos department will be assisting all the soldiers fighting for Pyrgos with moral support!

@Extreme I'd be willing to help on the Blufor side of thing however I think maybe setting in in a week rather than 3 days might get more people to show up as it's not too much notice. 

Good event ... but where is the Sofia mandem?

48 minutes ago, R34CT10N said:

@Extreme I'd be willing to help on the Blufor side of thing however I think maybe setting in in a week rather than 3 days might get more people to show up as it's not too much notice. 

Thanks, we may change the time although at the moment the goal is to see how many people are interested and available this Friday. For the individual soldiers it's fairly straightforward and even real hobos could participate / be recruited at the last minute.

44 minutes ago, El Capitan said:

Good event ... but where is the Sofia mandem?

Maybe in the future a Sofia Drug Cartel will appear ^^. We need to keep it relatively simple for the time being (Kavala vs Pyrgos).

looks good

I would happily fight for KDC

Love this!

@Extremepossibly ask @Fenrir to move the topic to the correct section. 

Sounds good. Lets make it happen

Pyrgos PDC let's go!!! Sign me up.

Thanks @Fenrir

If anyone would like to nominate someone to the role of Don/Boss (someone capable of managing a sprawling combat situation) please feel free to do so (assuming you know that they wouldn't mind their name being thrown into the pool).

Would love to fight for the KDC

( protector 9mm bae )

What about naked glitch?

I would love to join  Kavala Drug Cartel (KDC)

I would like to fight for the KDC

Ill happily take role of Don for pygros and would like to nominate @Guardian, @Ide or @30K for the opposing side

Pyrgos / PDC pls

Edited by John Parker

Pyrgos / PDC  

Btw very good idea, love you <3

Edited by RedNinjaa

I mean, my name is Don so i thonk the boss job is covered ;) 

Kavala/PDC

Pyrgos/PDC. THis is gonna be good! :)

Pyrgos/PDC  ez 

KDC sign me up