Welcome to Grand Theft ArmA - The Altis Life Community

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

We've made some changes to the donation rewards in terms of more discounts and extended sales!

Read more
Mark007

Thompson [ Altis Airlines ]

38 posts in this topic

Hi everyone!

*This topic is WIP, and will constantly be updated*

I'm proud to announce that the original Thompson Airlines, May be investing within the island of Altis, to offer new revolutionary transport schemes, to make every journey peaceful, relaxing, and cheap.

*We are beginning talks with certain individuals about this becoming a possible faction within the civilian faction, which will enable applications, whitelisting, and generally a whole new role and different aspect to this server.

Statutes of talks - Not started, will begin either tonight or Tomorrow 

We would like to see peoples questions about this possible new business!

- To be added,

places we go

Prices

Fleet helicopters

Custom Uniform / Helicopter skins

Whitelisting

----We do not expect this to be completed by the end of January----

So it's an Air Taxi service? If it is an Air Taxi service it would actually be really nice!

2 minutes ago, KristianBinau said:

So it's an Air Taxi service? If it is an Air Taxi service it would actually be really nice!

Pretty much!

I thought it would really benift all players, as it saves time, and a lot more peaceful, and no threat of being robbed! We will also accept cargo loads I have decided, but prices to be confirmed!

All of this is up in the air, as I need to get around to messaging some Admins/ server devs, in regards to this being a faction, with skins, messaging service etc ( listed on first post! )

Thanks for your support!

Sounds pretty much like an exact copy of something that already happens on another server... None the less good luck

18 minutes ago, Mudpuppy909 said:

Sounds pretty much like an exact copy of something that already happens on another server... None the less good luck

Aha, yes I do see what you mean! I do not intend for it to be like this, I will ensure multiple original things will make it a lot better and original!

Link to WIP sops

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ou02nW1IyrSEzNIjhZ3wx1y6OIWbWB7qvxZs6q81IhI/edit?usp=drivesdk

27dc89fad17478d8caa2d28acc35f069.png

8 minutes ago, splobs said:

27dc89fad17478d8caa2d28acc35f069.png

Beautiful! Thank you very much! 

I will consider you for higher up roles if this becomes official!

@Twaz look at this. :p

sounds cool, i would love to help you with this project

14 minutes ago, Twaz said:

Me too.

2 hours ago, ilekalekai said:

Me too.

2 hours ago, Twaz said:

Check messages! 

I also was trying to start such a company in-game before I became a cop and got in NPAS.

My advice is to start doing this sort of things on the server and get your name known a bit and after that and everybody pretty much knows what you're about then go from there.
I started a gang with the name and tags being of the company so people recognize you, as well as using flight-specific gear (such as pilot overalls and helmets) to do it with good RP!

I would start with it and see where you going yourself and maybe get some other players who are willing to support this and give them reasons why (for example you can get delivery missions done in the time you're not ferrying somebody).

As for the whitelisting, your own faction and special skins etc. That is kind of enthusiastic if I'd be honest. 
It is allot of work for the admins to do this sort of stuff and I think that they first would like to see that the concept is viable before they will get an entire faction setup just for people who want to provide a taxi service.
I personally see this work allot better as a company operating under the gang mechanics which are already setup. (tags and groups etc), btw as I remember there is a taxiservice license (at least there was some time ago)

I did this for a little time and it is allot of fun to do it, if I say so myself. It is also great practice for your flying skills.

When on the topic of flying skills, maybe get some sort of insurance for your passengers and yourself? I mean you don't want to help someone doing back-pack runs as this is against server rules. But they also don't want to lose their pricy gear when you made a mistake and crashed the chopper.

Good luck, I would like it very much to see you in-game flying your customers around!

Edited by RudeS

Hey, I'm one of the best taxi drivers around, not the best pilot however if you need someone to fly for you just tell me i'm more then happy to help this idea :D

It would be cool to use the ceasar planes to get costumers around the island as there is a few airfields across altis.

And if tanoa ever returns I think this would be a great idea since there is a few islands. But tbh I think this will not last long as people prefer taking their own car. And it have been done before with little to almost no sucsses.

Good luck

Edited by Erik FFS

I'm just waiting for a hobo with a rook to hijack a flight and recreate 9/11.

4 hours ago, Zac said:

I'm just waiting for a hobo with a rook to hijack a flight and recreate 9/11.

o god

Do you guys do back pack runs for cheap cut?

o wait

Do you have any idea of when you'll start accepting applications?

5 hours ago, Justin Maverick said:

Do you have any idea of when you'll start accepting applications?

Message me for further info!

-- I'm not going to be very active over the Christmas holidays!

Best of luck with this I suppose. Dunno how far you'll get with it though. 

How much to go from Kavala to the nearest Rebel Outpost?

3 minutes ago, Extreme said:

$1,505,475 :P

3 hours ago, Extreme said:

WIP HOWEVER

furthermore we would have to factor in that its an illegal area, hence resulting in extra cash needed ( etc ilegal areas + 5 k to final price )

We hope to use cheaper prices, to attract more customers

Will you have an easy way to order the service? E.g. by PMing someone on TeamSpeak or by always being at X location in-game?

Will you have opening hours? I don't imagine the service will be available 24/7 but it would be nice to know if it's 100% available during prime time for example.

4 minutes ago, Extreme said:

Will you have an easy way to order the service? E.g. by PMing someone on TeamSpeak or by always being at X location in-game?

Will you have opening hours? I don't imagine the service will be available 24/7 but it would be nice to know if it's 100% available during prime time for example.

This is still pretty much wip, as there is only 3 members and 2 of them are cops who can play as a civilian only in peak times.

Of course when we get things somehow done that we would actually have pilots, or members in this gang/faction then we would manage to tell more when we are available to pick you up and fly to your chosen destination.

Edited by ilekalekai

9 hours ago, Extreme said:

to add to the fantastic answer abpove:

1) Message us Ingame! ( We plan to have somethinh like TA infront of our names ) 

we hope to always be on standby at either Kavala Garage or the beach.

if all succeeds we will use orcas and Hurons 

2) We hope if we get enough members we can organise time tables, where at peak times there will be a min of two pilots on!