Welcome to Grand Theft ArmA - The Altis Life Community

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Grand Theft ArmA is looking to expand its development team, do you have what it takes?

Read more
Nightmare

Grand Theft Arma Gang Wars

150 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Deezii said:

If you can't afford it, then don't sign up?

i think the point hes making is that its going to be harder for the lower gangs.... if they cant afford it they still should be allowed to sign up....

1 hour ago, JustHarding said:

i think the point hes making is that its going to be harder for the lower gangs.... if they cant afford it they still should be allowed to sign up....

Buy Mk20 its half price on the 6/7/8th anyway 

Posted (edited)

Kav? Nato?  Trn? None of you fighting?!!?

Edited by BloomBoy

36 minutes ago, BloomBoy said:

TRN will be haven't decided a team yet

1 hour ago, BloomBoy said:

Don't think Kavala has decided a team either.  Not sure if nato even wants to participate some might and some might not. 

3 hours ago, R34CT10N said:

Don't think Kavala has decided a team either.  Not sure if nato even wants to participate some might and some might not. 

4 hours ago, zTobiias said:

TRN will be haven't decided a team yet

would hurry up its tomorrow !!

3 hours ago, R34CT10N said:

Im sure we can speak for ourselves. We are participating

Will Gang Wars be live streamed ? @Nightmare

1 minute ago, Saltt said:

Will Gang Wars be live streamed ? @Nightmare

" There will be a stream up for people to watch"

The event will be hosted on the 6th through to the 7th if need be. The even will stay how it is of participants having to buy gear, it is staying this way for various reasons. If you really do want to participate and cannot afford it pop me a message and I'll see if I can reach down to my heart (if I have one) and lend you some money. Don't forget it is half price so it will be cheaper.

I suggest teams that want to sign up that have not yet, do it within the next two days.

3 hours ago, Nightmare said:

The event will be hosted on the 6th through to the 7th if need be. The even will stay how it is of participants having to buy gear, it is staying this way for various reasons. If you really do want to participate and cannot afford it pop me a message and I'll see if I can reach down to my heart (if I have one) and lend you some money. Don't forget it is half price so it will be cheaper.

I suggest teams that want to sign up that have not yet, do it within the next two days.

do you have any idea what time on the 6th ?

If my gang has 8 members and they are all able to take part in the event, is that ok if we join even if we are not 10 members? @Nightmare

2 minutes ago, roony said:

If my gang has 8 members and they are all able to take part in the event, is that ok if we join even if we are not 10 members? @Nightmare

Sure thing, you'll be at a disadvantage of course.

On 12/18/2016 at 2:36 PM, Nightmare said:

This will be a knock out tournament of best out of 3 (Depending on how many people turn up this may change). The finals will be best out of 5. Along with a 3rd place match if there's time.

to clarify we need to purchase 8 rounds worth of gear to participate?
I Just cant help feeling that at best even in a good round 50% of team will die meaning what 40 gear loadouts? we go mediocore budget loadouts thats 300-500k per loadout total gear cost (if you perform well with medium level gear) 16mill
(again thats if you only lose and average of 50% of your team per round)
I love the idea but from a financial perspective this is not gonna be a good choice unless people play with mk20s (especially at a time when people are complaining about struggling to make the money as rebel). Not to mention bank balances and how much money you can throw away will be a huge indicator of the winner of this tourny.
Just my opinion I did honestly get excited when I saw it I'm just not so sure anymore. 

2 minutes ago, Doyle02 said:

I Just cant help feeling that at best even in a good round 50% of team will die meaning what 40 gear loadouts? we go mediocore budget loadouts thats 300-500k per loadout total gear cost (if you perform well with medium level gear) 16mill
I love the idea but from a financial perspective this is not gonna be a good choice unless people play with mk20s (especially at a time when people are complaining about struggling to make the money as rebel). Not to mention bank balances and how much money you can throw away will be a huge indicator of the winner of this tourny.
Just my opinion I did honestly get excited when I saw it I'm just not so sure anymore. 

I didn't really think about that but now I have to agree with you that this is gonna be very expensive for most players and you might make your team lose because you can't afford good gear every round.

5 minutes ago, Doyle02 said:

On 18/12/2016 at 2:36 PM, Nightmare said:

"Give me the goody goodies"

The numbers below are subject to increase dependant on turn out.

1st place prize- £30,000,000 and a Gang Wars Teamspeak Tag

2nd place prize- £20,000,000

3rd place prize- £10,000,000

2 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

the prize pools seem good and I get they may increase but still a 16mill investment is pretty huge especially considering gangs who make it into the final 5 rounds are likely to spend more and more on gear to boost their chances of winning not to mention the massive difference in gear each round will present. whilst rich gang and groups like [TI] NATO some APCs and maybe 1 or 2 other gangs they'll have the money to throw in for anything that's needed every round. Sniper round? everyone Mar10s Mk1s AMS scopes meanwhile gangs on a budget will be rocking mk14s and MXMs or worse. it seems like its going to cost a lot to get into and you'll only win if you can really afford to go all in with their cash. I have no doubt skill will play a big role I just don't like that bank balances will play a near equal role in the tournament but again this is just me and there's no harm in an event for the richer folks it just seems a shame that a lot people will be out the running or at a very big disadvantage.

2 minutes ago, Doyle02 said:

the prize pools seem good and I get they may increase but still a 16mill investment is pretty huge especially considering gangs who make it into the final 5 rounds are likely to spend more and more on gear to boost their chances of winning not to mention the massive difference in gear each round will present. whilst rich gang and groups like [TI] NATO some APCs and maybe 1 or 2 other gangs they'll have the money to throw in for anything that's needed every round. Sniper round? everyone Mar10s Mk1s AMS scopes meanwhile gangs on a budget will be rocking mk14s and MXMs or worse. it seems like its going to cost a lot to get into and you'll only win if you can really afford to go all in with their cash. I have no doubt skill will play a big role I just don't like that bank balances will play a near equal role in the tournament but again this is just me and there's no harm in an event for the richer folks it just seems a shame that a lot people will be out the running or at a very big disadvantage.

It's not about who has the biggest gun, it's about who can use their weapon the best.

Just now, Nightmare said:

It's not about who has the biggest gun, it's about who can use their weapon the best.

The point being it isnt hard to prefire with a mk200 in comparison to going for headshots with a mk20/

Just now, Cpt MacMillan said:

The point being it isnt hard to prefire with a mk200 in comparison to going for headshots with a mk20/

If gangs can't afford it they don't have to enter.

Posted (edited)

1 minute ago, Nightmare said:

If gangs can't afford it they don't have to enter.

Shouldn't it be balanced? TI TRN and NATO start with an immediate advantage.

Edited by Cpt MacMillan

2 minutes ago, Cpt MacMillan said:

Shouldn't it be balanced? 

If gangs have prepared and spent their time wisely with getting cash then it will prove them a tactful gang. If it was balanced you could also moan saying that the gangs that have worked hard to get the money now have no meaning for it.

1 minute ago, Nightmare said:

If gangs have prepared and spent their time wisely with getting cash then it will prove them a tactful gang. If it was balanced you could also moan saying that the gangs that have worked hard to get the money now have no meaning for it.

that's one perspective however money gets you a lot.. an advantage in ingame combat, a gang base, rare items, almost anything ingame is decided by money and that's understandable that's the basis of Altis Life. Its just a bit of a bummer for the majority of gangs who aren't rich that this rare opportunity will be decided by gear (and even more difficultly gear for 8 rounds).

11 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

Its about a combination of both these things otherwise we may as well all go around with rooks and PDWs  

@Doyle02 Is our president, I support him.

Out of interest, your saying that if we die we have to make a trip to rebel/gang base and go get another loadout then come all the way back to play the next round? 

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead