Welcome to Grand Theft ArmA - The Altis Life Community

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Grand Theft ArmA is looking to expand its development team, do you have what it takes?

Read more
Nightmare

Grand Theft Arma Gang Wars

150 posts in this topic

Just now, Barneyy said:

Any particular restrictions on weapons?

Not at the moment, no.

Can you use MRAP's

APC can submit teams per department, will they & NATO be expected to play as rebel for the event, so as to make it a tad more fair based on gear costs 

24 minutes ago, James Gaff said:

APC can submit teams per department, will they & NATO be expected to play as rebel for the event, so as to make it a tad more fair based on gear costs 

Yes, Blufor will be on as a rebel and not in Blufor slots. I will contact the CMD to make sure he's aware some APC will be playing as rebel.

can i bench snipe

Will be a great tournament !

Edited by Hamza

Will it be CQC or people will be able to bench snipe, snipe and stuff like that? Also are vehicles going to be involved?

This is a cool idea, maybe a good way to make it better would be to give a standard loadout to everyone involved, so that its completely fair. This would obviously reduce the prize cap but it would definitely make it a fairer fight, as I can see large gangs like TRN and the group of 10 in Nato bringing some pretty expensive weapons and gear which could probably tip the balance in a fight. Anyway just an opinion would be great to spectate this battle!

31 minutes ago, Phly said:

Will it be CQC or people will be able to bench snipe, snipe and stuff like that? Also are vehicles going to be involved?

As I mentioned to Salt, at the moment no information is going to be disclosed on how the fights will run. Use past fights such as this as a clue.

25 minutes ago, Mango said:

This is a cool idea, maybe a good way to make it better would be to give a standard loadout to everyone involved, so that its completely fair. This would obviously reduce the prize cap but it would definitely make it a fairer fight, as I can see large gangs like TRN and the group of 10 in Nato bringing some pretty expensive weapons and gear which could probably tip the balance in a fight. Anyway just an opinion would be great to spectate this battle!

This is something that I have considered, at the moment it will stay as it is but could be subject to change.

Looks good.

Time for me and my gang to show our combat skills!

I sooo want to enter but my gang is too small :( maybe ill get in as RPU

19 hours ago, Nightmare said:

At the current time, yes. That's why the prize pool is so large.

Not everyone has advanced rebel. 10 people with katibas against 10 people with mk200s and Mk1s wouldn't really be an accurate display of skill level. 

Will it happen on the GTA servers? If not will it be 1st person only?

1 hour ago, RudeS said:

Will it happen on the GTA servers? If not will it be 1st person only?

20 hours ago, Nightmare said:

O7wouV7.png

Gang Wars

Hello all! This is an official event that is to be hosted on the GrandTheftArma servers.

Just read the first line.

7 hours ago, JamesKay said:

Just read the first line.

gg wp

Going to be fun this hopefully I'm not working on the day 

Sign me in <3

We get a date announced/schedule yet? Or is it still up in the air? 

Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, R34CT10N said:

We get a date announced/schedule yet? Or is it still up in the air? 

As it is hosted on GTA, I dont think most teams competing have realised how expensive this is going to be... It would be much more sensible to host this on a private server such as NMD with restrictions on weapons. I dont fancy spending thousands if not millions on loadouts for this tournement. 3 Mil is merely around 5 Mk200 loadouts, which will most likely be used every round. It would be more fun if you could host it on a private server as then it would be a test of skill rather than who can afford the better loadouts. Larger gangs such as TRN can easily win by purchasing mk200s that other smaller gangs competing cannot,. 

Edited by Cpt MacMillan

1 hour ago, Cpt MacMillan said:

As it is hosted on GTA, I dont think most teams competing have realised how expensive this is going to be... It would be much more sensible to host this on a private server such as NMD with restrictions on weapons. I dont fancy spending thousands if not millions on loadouts for this tournement. 3 Mil is merely around 5 Mk200 loadouts, which will most likely be used every round. It would be more fun if you could host it on a private server as then it would be a test of skill rather than who can afford the better loadouts. Larger gangs such as TRN can easily win by purchasing mk200s that other smaller gangs competing cannot,. 

NAAAAAA!!!! 

1 hour ago, Cpt MacMillan said:

Not really sure but I think it will be only infantry so mk 200 will be very bad Whit the current stamina system so if you think a mk 200 or mk1 make  you some kind of god at the game your wrong most of the time you kill every person Whit 2 body shot Whit a 6.5 it's not the gun but the guy that uses the gun

Try and push a building with a 200 and an mx one is considerably more easier than the other.

Made a team boys

19 hours ago, Cpt MacMillan said:

If you can't afford it, then don't sign up?