Welcome to Grand Theft ArmA - The Altis Life Community

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Altis Police Constabulary is now looking for new applicants!

Apply here
GeneralUnicorn

The poor guy story.

5 posts in this topic

Note: I have no video or screenshots of that event, It happened a couple of days ago and I thought I would share my experience with you.

It was a sunny day in Kavala, I was waiting on the central square for any emergencies to happen. Just some minutes later I get a call from a serious accident about a kilometer away from where I was. Two cars had collided, three serious injured people. Sirens and lights on, I drove full speed there. I revived all of them giving the best roleplay experience I could. I then proceeded to repair both vehicles and give them some safety instructions for when it comes to driving on highways and city roads. 

As I was about to drive off, I hear my name. I jump off my vehicle and I see the passenger (wearing basic civilian uniform) of one of the vehicles coming my way. I asked him politely what's up and he replied talking the best English he could (something similar to): 

"Mister medic, I just want to thank you so so much man. You are doing something very good helping all people when their life is in danger." He then proceeds to hand me 2.000 pounds. "I know that's not much man but it's all I have. Thank you for helping me and my friend and our car, thank you for helping people man."

At this very moment I felt so grateful and warm-hearted. I thanked the guy so many times for being one of the few people who really appreciate our job as NHS. I then asked him to follow me. I drove to the nearest ATM and sent this guy 150.000 pounds for what he did. He thanked me kind-fully and gave me some more courage to continue doing my job.   

Since then, I value lives better and I keep on working.

When you feel discouraged doing your job (APC, NHS, NATO, HATO etc.) just remember this guy and think that there are some people that appreciate what you do a lot. So keep on working for these people and your society. To all hardworking people out there, saving lives everyday, thank you for what you're doing. Without you, our island would be in complete chaos.

That's really nice to hear, people often take medics for granted and get angry at them when they don't show up, especially us rebels should be more thankful to you guys. The least I can do is actually spend some time roleplaying my injuries etc. after being revived.

Just now, Eyecon said:

That's really nice to hear, people often take medics for granted and get angry at them when they don't show up, especially us rebels should be more thankful to you guys. The least I can do is actually spend some time roleplaying my injuries etc. after being revived.

That's very true. Since NHS is a neutral faction, it's not like we don't want to revive you guys, we in fact want to help as many people as we can on the island no matter their job. Just some basic role-playing when the medic arrives and a thank you afterwards is enough to make our day better. 

Stay safe!

24 minutes ago, GeneralUnicorn said:

That's very true. Since NHS is a neutral faction, it's not like we don't want to revive you guys, we in fact want to help as many people as we can on the island no matter their job. Just some basic role-playing when the medic arrives and a thank you afterwards is enough to make our day better. 

Stay safe!

+1

As I always tell my gang, its a privilege to be revived not a necessity hence why I and others in my gang always show great respect to the medics (and me personally even spend a nice amount of time a week doing the HCA's who drove 15km to get us ; a favour by sling loading them to a few locations before leaving and doing my own thing).

What a nice story I love RPing with police,NHS and hato