Welcome to Grand Theft ArmA - The Altis Life Community

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Grand Theft ArmA is looking to expand its development team, do you have what it takes?

Read more
SamuelP

Tanoa Feedback [PLEASE PROVIDE ANY INFORMATION YOU MAY HAVE]

44 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, R34CT10N said:

@Bjorhusdal How about this, you and I can go on patrol on tanoa today and either I will eat my words or I will actually show you how clunky it feels to be APC right now

We have the same SUV's in nato and apc, and whenever i play Tanoa my prefered vehicle is the SUV. If you plan your routes and use the dirtroads in the jungle theres no problem.

1 minute ago, Bjorhusdal said:

We have the same SUV's in nato and apc, and whenever i play Tanoa my prefered vehicle is the SUV. If you plan your routes and use the dirtroads in the jungle theres no problem.

Then show me? I'm not trying to be hostile I legitimately want to learn as it would hopefully make tanoa better for myself. 

1 hour ago, R34CT10N said:

Then show me? I'm not trying to be hostile I legitimately want to learn as it would hopefully make tanoa better for myself. 

Look most gangs use the roads for runs anyway?!

2 hours ago, Bjorhusdal said:

its not impossible it's just a worse feeling in comparsion with altis and therefore not really fun as patrolling generally means you are driving around alot responding to situations and roleplay with everything on the way but on tanoa this isn't the case. driving 2km on tanoa is the same as driving 11km on altis time wise and u see a whole lot less happening and the dead time inbetween is what makes the patrols really boring compared to altis. the suggestion for better vehicles is mainly to reduce the time you have to travel from point a to b and therefore see more things happening on the map and make it so you can respond to more stuff. medics are experiencing this same issue with their lower ranks who cannot take out helicopters and i feel like this is the main issue of tanoa im merely giving a solution by adding more or different vehicles but there is a lot of different ways you can go about solving this issue all though im not sure how many are actually doable and adding vehicles would definitely be the easiest one but maybe not the best. The thread is here to give feedback and share opinions about tanoa and i feel like the lack of bluefor should be spoken about in this thread as it is such a big factor within GTA. I am only trying to contribute by saying what is happening from my POV and the stories that I hear.

EDIT: 4WD ( idk the name :( ) is restricted to spc+ and it is a vehicle that doesn't feel too great when you drive it besides all this it breakes really easily. It is definetely an upgrade to the SUV on this map driving wise but unfortunately when taking into anything else but roleplay makes you extremely vulnurable.

Edited by perry

Keep the tanoa on server 2 running 24/7 and with 1pv. Then have it up for a few weeks so that more ppl discovers it❤️

Hopefully Tanoa is kept up at least till xmas, maybe the DLC will go half price, would increase the player base....

I had good vibes yesterday playing at Tanoa, was driving up to hill on  some small dirt road at 20km/h with my truck , all around was epic jungle and I really felt like some kind of drug maniac.. :D neverless it was great time there, unfortunately after restart I had some issues with my pc and server, in every 5 min I got server crash and had to relog back (it was like 5 or 6 times in row).  

saddly tanoa server 3# is only open on few hours during the night time. would like to se it 24/7

Was patrolling Tanoa yesterday, ended up doing a drug bust, "stopped" a moonshine run and lost a boat full of police gear. So far i actually enjoy the low player base on Tanoa, its so chill to just drive around in the jungle and look at the towns, Tanoa is a great map, which seems so more alive than Altis, the infrastructure, buildings and the placement (including the custom bridges( are amazing 

On 11/10/2016 at 2:40 PM, Sharkbutler said:

I personally love tanoa but it kills my frames and i get home at 4:30 my time and tanoa shuts down at  6:00 (12:00)gmt so I hardly get a chance to play it.

XD r u playing on a toaster ?

I really miss Tanoa. After christmas a lot more people have got Apex. Even if it adds an extra 20 - 30 people it'll make a difference

I never got the chances of getting on Tanoa when GTA opened it. However I would love too see a come-back ^^

22 minutes ago, Alan Meister said:

I never got the chances of getting on Tanoa when GTA opened it. However I would love too see a come-back ^^

Not going to happen from what I could tell, everyone begged for it back and then as soon as it was re-released next to no one played there

In my opinion, its better than Altis and should be brought back for around a week to see how many people will play it.

Give me ma turtles, staff ples.

No point trying to bring back this thread, if you wanted tanoa then you shouldve played it while it was up. This is a dead thread as tanoa has been and gone and any feedback right now isnt going to provide anything for a long time if they even decide to retry it...

The thing is everyone begged for Tanoa to come back and it did for a while and then was taken down again due to people just generally not playing it and lack of Bluefor on the server. Eventually, it always happens and turns into a farming server and there is nobody there to stop them. Won't be revived and bought back for a while if ever...

-1 to Tanoa, it simply isn't working. Nobody plays on it.

30 minutes ago, UltimateAntic said:

-1 to Tanoa, it simply isn't working. Nobody plays on it.

Errrrrr it went offline months ago 

3 minutes ago, Proxy said:

Errrrrr it went offline months ago 

Correction: nobody played on it back when it was online.