Welcome to Grand Theft ArmA - The Altis Life Community

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Grand Theft ArmA is looking to expand its development team, do you have what it takes?

Read more
SamuelP

Tanoa Feedback [PLEASE PROVIDE ANY INFORMATION YOU MAY HAVE]

44 posts in this topic

TANOA

When Tanoa first came back, there was obviously a good amount of players playing due to the hype and it was something new to play for people who bought the DLC after it was taken down the first time. But already I can notice and I am sure many of you have noticed that there is nowhere near the same amount of players on Tanoa than there is Altis. 

We know that this isn't down to people having the DLC or not as the admins ran a poll on this and by the results you could see that a lot of you said yes to having Apex. However even though many of you said yes to having the DLC and were really happy to see Tanoa coming back, it was only played for a day or two before going back to Altis.

The Admins spent a lot of time editing the map to give us a better experience and to try something new and enjoyable. In my opinion I have not come across a better map during my time on both Arma 2 and Arma 3 and would hate to see it go. I am sure the Server would still be great with just 60 players on Tanoa due to the maps size however you only now see this amount of players for an hour or two during peak times which I believe is not good enough to keep the 3rd server as Tanoa. 

As a regular player on these servers I would hate to see Tanoa go and I know a lot of people feel the same way so please please please put your feedback of the map on here for people to see. Even if it is something small please just take a minute or two of your time to write something. Any feedback will be great!

This thread is being created so that your feedback of Tanoa can be seen and perhaps something could be changed so that you have a better playing experience. 

Edited by SamuelP

Great Idea personally I feel its the best map I've played and so Tanoa is my go too server unless I need hobos for a Job!

I'm enjoying the shit out of Tanoa. I agree with what you have said. I do want to add that maybe giving medic access to boats would speed things up in the process of getting to someone. Currently, let's say you die on Tavu, you'd have to drive all the way across the other 2 islands south of the map.

Tanoa is actually the best map ive ever played - and with 1st person it would be my life

1 minute ago, GeneralLeeGood said:

Tanoa is actually the best map ive ever played - and with 1st person it would be my life

1st Person in Tanoa <33333

Great map, hope it stays!

Wish more people played on it thats all.

To be honost i dont see how Tanoa cant be as popular as i thought it would have been, and totally agree with its the best map i have ever played doing my arma 2 + arma 3! so it would be sad to see it go....

Realy like the map itself, the problem that i see is that with the few players there is whole gangs of half the players that is on the map and few cops. this will make it hard for the smaler gangs out there and therefor go back to altis 

Love the autocorrect option on this phone who wants me to type Norwegian sometimes..

Edited by Odd Mavi

Its odd as it always confuses me. When Tanoas came out everybody saw it as a holy grail but within a week the server was dwindling so it was set back to Altis. All of a sudden there was a huge amount of complaint and asking for it back. Now its back its just dwindling again. I just find it weird. Personally I don't have apex so I haven't tried it.

Edited by strideynet

Guys its not about players dont like new map its about FOOOKING EXPENSIVE DLCs thats it ! Nothing omore no one have extra money for just map in slavs countries ( Looking at myself )

Tanoa is my favorite map, I absolutely adore playing on it. During the 1st person only trial we had a fight vs APC/NATO at oil processing, myself and zHavok had an intense 1v1 peeking around his SUV and my tree. Battling through Illusion's ambush at the end of the bridge (twice). Tense jungle standoffs at the drug dealer with TO vs ODM. Being chased by APC through the jungle with all of us on foot scattering around the place, Ocean battles, visiting temple ruins, gang hiking trips out to the mountains, the list goes on.

Personally though I'd love to see the northeastern drug dealer used for the bigger runs again, that was the best one to fight at as i'm sure lots of people will agree.

I think part of the problem from what I've seen is that the bigger gangs, I, NV, TLA really enjoy playing Tanoa and though we're not out mass robbing everyone (usually just each other tbh) the other smaller gangs take it as a chance to get runs done on the Altis servers

The biggest problem I have noticed is the lack of bluefor on this map. I usually call it the rebel map as it is amazing for rebels and great fun as it is a great map for run as it gives that extra tense feeling in the jungle and the roleplay you can come up with as it is an island is really amazing.

I personally think the lack of bluefor also has to do with the amount of roads on the map. Usually when you patrol its the same road you drive up and down because there are only 2 roads on each island except for the main one. Off-roading is no option as we have no access to a qilin and off-roads just don't cut it in situations where you have to pull people over. This leaves you with 2 other options boats and aircraft. Aircraft makes roleplaying quiet hard and boats are easy to evade when people are driving over the land and request your assistance on land. 

I also feel like there is a lack of things to do as bluefor as the only thing to do is look people doing runs as there isn't much else going on. No one can speed on those roads and no one will off-road through the jungle. The main town is generally  very empty and it lacks a main point where everybody meets up like kavala square. Legal runs barely get done as there is a lack of new players on the server. New players get turned off from playing on tanoa because of the lack of protection on the server as it is mainly 3 large gangs constantly busting out runs and taking everything on their path. It is also extremely hard for a solo player to do a run on that island as it usually just is the 1 road u can go over and everyone on the island will know when you are doing something.

TL;DR Lack of roads and abilities to off-road put people off from playing. Lack of a central point of life on the map and the feeling of a dead island unless you are around illegal hotspots.

EDIT: Sorry if its a bit messy to read

Edited by perry

Honestly the only 2 things that I dislike about tanoa would be the lack of people playing it and the fact that I get much worse fps on it then on altis.

I still like the map and I enjoy playing it, but I also agree with some of the points perry made and can see why things like that would bother people.

I really enjoy Tanoa, but
- the posibility to go long-range is almost gone(though most people see this as a positive thing, some might not)
- fps drops, which I am really not fan of
- I also think that the map is built up in a way which provokes players from doing runs. On Altis, you could go offroad through a whole run, so you would less likely get spotted.
On Tanoa you have no choice. You can't go through the jungle with Tempests or HEMTTs(I've tried). This forces you to stick to the roads, where you're easily spotted, easy target.
This, and the fact that the area of Tanoa aint too big, makes it very easy to get hit during a run.

I personally love tanoa but it kills my frames and i get home at 4:30 my time and tanoa shuts down at  6:00 (12:00)gmt so I hardly get a chance to play it.

2 hours ago, perry said:

The biggest problem I have noticed is the lack of bluefor on this map. I usually call it the rebel map as it is amazing for rebels and great fun as it is a great map for run as it gives that extra tense feeling in the jungle and the roleplay you can come up with as it is an island is really amazing.

I personally think the lack of bluefor also has to do with the amount of roads on the map. Usually when you patrol its the same road you drive up and down because there are only 2 roads on each island except for the main one. Off-roading is no option as we have no access to a qilin and off-roads just don't cut it in situations where you have to pull people over. This leaves you with 2 other options boats and aircraft. Aircraft makes roleplaying quiet hard and boats are easy to evade when people are driving over the land and request your assistance on land. 

I also feel like there is a lack of things to do as bluefor as the only thing to do is look people doing runs as there isn't much else going on. No one can speed on those roads and no one will off-road through the jungle. The main town is generally  very empty and it lacks a main point where everybody meets up like kavala square. Legal runs barely get done as there is a lack of new players on the server. New players get turned off from playing on tanoa because of the lack of protection on the server as it is mainly 3 large gangs constantly busting out runs and taking everything on their path. It is also extremely hard for a solo player to do a run on that island as it usually just is the 1 road u can go over and everyone on the island will know when you are doing something.

TL;DR Lack of roads and abilities to off-road put people off from playing. Lack of a central point of life on the map and the feeling of a dead island unless you are around illegal hotspots.

EDIT: Sorry if its a bit messy to read

Agree with roads. Tried doing a patrol and it was extremely clunky. Then there's the fact that one or two APC can't stop the he big gangs. And the SUV sucks. I really think that the APC could use with a police prowler/quinlin as I  would make our patrols easier and less stressful. 

20 hours ago, R34CT10N said:

Then there's the fact that one or two APC can't stop the he big gangs. And the SUV sucks. I really think that the APC could use with a police prowler/quinlin as I  would make our patrols easier and less stressful. 

That's what you have NATO for, to deal with the biggest gangs.

20 hours ago, R34CT10N said:

Agree with roads. Tried doing a patrol and it was extremely clunky. Then there's the fact that one or two APC can't stop the he big gangs. And the SUV sucks. I really think that the APC could use with a police prowler/quinlin as I  would make our patrols easier and less stressful. 

Suv sucks? imo its the single best non-armored vehicle in the game, its kind of overpowered if you compare it to the offroad for example. having a whole police force patrole around in prowlers would be ridicilous

Really enjoy coming on tanoa and would hate to see it go. Doing the bank on this server as well is very good as well ( good location ). 

5 minutes ago, Bjorhusdal said:

Suv sucks? imo its the single best non-armored vehicle in the game, its kind of overpowered if you compare it to the offroad for example. having a whole police force patrole around in prowlers would be ridicilous

I think he meant they aren't very good in tanoa as response to my post. They have low acceleration and flip easily therefore they aren't very good in tanoa. They also have 0 abilities to drive thru the jungle as you just get stuck on everything. I feel as if we are using gear that is meant for altis on a jungle tanoa map and in order for bluefor to efficiently patrol the map changes will be needed arsenal wise as we just stick out like a massive lemon in a jungle that's going 20 k/mH on the same road up and down.

An example of this is the an African police force is usually wearing brown type of uniforms in movies ( don't know if its close to reality as I don't really have any knowledge about that ) whereas the police in the UK has the Hi-Vis. So a change that could make it more interesting for bluefor is swap out the black on uniforms for brown camo like gear in order to suit the island more.

Another example of this is in countries with deserts they will drive completely different vehicles from what people use in the UK. The goal isn't to get 20 TPD hummingbirds or prowlers on the map but to suit the island more to attract more police towards the server to make sure that the server is balanced and fun to play.

21 minutes ago, perry said:

I think he meant they aren't very good in tanoa as response to my post. They have low acceleration and flip easily therefore they aren't very good in tanoa. They also have 0 abilities to drive thru the jungle as you just get stuck on everything. I feel as if we are using gear that is meant for altis on a jungle tanoa map and in order for bluefor to efficiently patrol the map changes will be needed arsenal wise as we just stick out like a massive lemon in a jungle that's going 20 k/mH on the same road up and down.

An example of this is the an African police force is usually wearing brown type of uniforms in movies ( don't know if its close to reality as I don't really have any knowledge about that ) whereas the police in the UK has the Hi-Vis. So a change that could make it more interesting for bluefor is swap out the black on uniforms for brown camo like gear in order to suit the island more.

Another example of this is in countries with deserts they will drive completely different vehicles from what people use in the UK. The goal isn't to get 20 TPD hummingbirds or prowlers on the map but to suit the island more to attract more police towards the server to make sure that the server is balanced and fun to play.

Isn't the 4wd perfect for tanoa then? 

People who say SUVs flip easily clearly haven't played this game for very long.

1 hour ago, Bjorhusdal said:

I'm referring to on tanoa it's pretty hard to drive false than 5KM off road with out an LSV. There was a reason that they came with apex. 

My prowler suggestion would've come with restriction of course but I think that it would improve the general feel of tanoa for the APC. 

At the end of the day tanoa feels like the map was made for ArmA3 scenarios and actually more for the MilSim environment such as I and A. Instead of the more casual game modes like A3Life don't get me wrong I love tanoa it's a really nice map. But its a map made for combat and its amazing when it happens. 

They are also shit in the jungle. 

On 10 November 2016 at 10:41 AM, Ide said:

Tanoa is my favorite map, I absolutely adore playing on it. During the 1st person only trial we had a fight vs APC/NATO at oil processing, myself and zHavok had an intense 1v1 peeking around his SUV and my tree. Battling through Illusion's ambush at the end of the bridge (twice). Tense jungle standoffs at the drug dealer with TO vs ODM. Being chased by APC through the jungle with all of us on foot scattering around the place, Ocean battles, visiting temple ruins, gang hiking trips out to the mountains, the list goes on.

Personally though I'd love to see the northeastern drug dealer used for the bigger runs again, that was the best one to fight at as i'm sure lots of people will agree.

I think part of the problem from what I've seen is that the bigger gangs, I, NV, TLA really enjoy playing Tanoa and though we're not out mass robbing everyone (usually just each other tbh) the other smaller gangs take it as a chance to get runs done on the Altis servers

Ide has really hit the nail on the head the problem is that all the big gangs play on Tanoa and the smaller ones play on Altis I think personally it would have ben the same with any map I think its more of a logistics problem a slow integration trying to get the smaller gangs on to Tanoa with some co-operation from the smaller ones and getting more APC on to Tanoa! Yesterday was good though at one time i hoped on there was at least 60 people nice to see!

@Bjorhusdal How about this, you and I can go on patrol on tanoa today and either I will eat my words or I will actually show you how clunky it feels to be APC right now