Welcome to Grand Theft ArmA - The Altis Life Community

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Have you linked your in-game account with the forums yet? If not then do it now and claim your £125,000 cash reward and forum award!

Link account
DnA

announcement
Manually Updating Mission Files

53 posts in this topic

u can auto update just with google drive desktop app the problem is making it update the file at C:\Users\profile\AppData\Local\Arma 3\MPMissionsCache

and im sorry @Lakotiz couldnt find a way without a 3rd party is it okay if i make them use PHP tell them what to write?

Edited by zeyd

5 hours ago, zeyd said:

u can auto update just with google drive desktop app the problem is making it update the file at C:\Users\profile\AppData\Local\Arma 3\MPMissionsCache

and im sorry @Lakotiz couldnt find a way without a 3rd party is it okay if i make them use PHP tell them what to write?

lol. PHP? I have never ever seen that suggested as a way of writing automation scripts for desktop environments. Like what? Are you suggesting they install a full WAMP stack to literally just move some files?

If I wasn't using Linux at the moment because i'm on my holiday laptop I would write the script. You need to make a hard symbolic link. This can be achieved with a simple powershell or batch file.

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/16226/complete-guide-to-symbolic-links-symlinks-on-windows-or-linux/

See this. If you know how to write PHP I'm sure you will work out how to take CMD commands and convert them into a batch file.

ive got the sym links already - just unsure how to automatically download the mission files when they're updated from grandtheftarma.com/mission - or is this bit manually?

it can be automated by making a simple 30 mins made app

Just now, zeyd said:

it can be automated by making a simple 30 mins made app

fancy making it? lol

k wait 30 mins and ill make it

while im making it just download it using google drive then copy it to here

C:\Users\profile\AppData\Local\Arma 3\MPMissionsCache

make sure u delete any files of the same name as arma3gta in ur downloads server

Just download Google Drive application and add the grandtheftarma.com/mission drive to your own Google Drive and run the following in cmd:

mklink "C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\Arma 3\MPMissionsCache\s1.grandtheftarma.Altis.pbo" "C:\Users\%USERNAME%\Google Drive\Mission Files\s1.grandtheftarma.Altis.pbo" 

mklink "C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\Arma 3\MPMissionsCache\s2.grandtheftarma.Altis.pbo" "C:\Users\%USERNAME%\Google Drive\Mission Files\s2.grandtheftarma.Altis.pbo" 

mklink "C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\Arma 3\MPMissionsCache\s3.grandtheftarma.Altis.pbo" "C:\Users\%USERNAME%\Google Drive\Mission Files\s3.grandtheftarma.Altis.pbo" 

10 minutes ago, Lakotiz said:

Just download Google Drive application and add the grandtheftarma.com/mission drive to your own Google Drive and run the following in cmd:

mklink "C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\Arma 3\MPMissionsCache\s1.grandtheftarma.Altis.pbo" "C:\Users\%USERNAME%\Google Drive\Mission Files\s1.grandtheftarma.Altis.pbo" 

mklink "C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\Arma 3\MPMissionsCache\s2.grandtheftarma.Altis.pbo" "C:\Users\%USERNAME%\Google Drive\Mission Files\s2.grandtheftarma.Altis.pbo" 

mklink "C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\Arma 3\MPMissionsCache\s3.grandtheftarma.Altis.pbo" "C:\Users\%USERNAME%\Google Drive\Mission Files\s3.grandtheftarma.Altis.pbo" 

you sir are a legend, cheers bud

@DnA Will these mission files be updated if I put them in my map now? Or was that a one time try only?

51 minutes ago, KingGodDiabloZ said:

@DnA Will these mission files be updated if I put them in my map now? Or was that a one time try only?

They are all up-to-date IIRC.

On 12/22/2016 at 9:20 PM, Lakotiz said:

Does this still work, tried it today and i keeps leaving the server when the mission file is downloaded

yes this still works

9 minutes ago, Bjorhusdal said:

yes this still works

Do you know what could fix my thing?

Just now, Fanboii said:

Do you know what could fix my thing?

Put it in the correct directory, restart arma 3 if you have it running.

Should still work, just make sure the directories are matching yours (the example I put was the default installation directory, so if you didn't tweak anything it should work out of the box).

Thanks for the info on the directories, I hate when I get kicked mid way through and have to start the mission file over.

18 minutes ago, Lakotiz said:

Should still work, just make sure the directories are matching yours (the example I put was the default installation directory, so if you didn't tweak anything it should work out of the box).

I'm directories are right i think, the mission files normally comes there. But for some reason when i try to join the server it just downloads the mission file and then leaves the server when the mission files are downloaded.

Just now, Fanboii said:

I'm directories are right i think, the mission files normally comes there. But for some reason when i try to join the server it just downloads the mission file and then leaves the server when the mission files are downloaded.

You sure that your G-Drive is running and synced the files?

Pretty sure, yeah

1 minute ago, DeX said:

you need to replace or place the files here 

Il try then i get home, thanks!

Just now, Fanboii said:

Il try then i get home, thanks!

np :)

Worked last night, but when I try and get on today it forces me to download the file again. I deleted the mission files and re downloaded them as there was a changelog. It's still making me download them does anyone know a fix?