Welcome to Grand Theft ArmA - The Altis Life Community

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Grand Theft ArmA is looking to expand its development team, do you have what it takes?

Read more
DnA

announcement
Manually Updating Mission Files

34 posts in this topic

u can auto update just with google drive desktop app the problem is making it update the file at C:\Users\profile\AppData\Local\Arma 3\MPMissionsCache

 

and im sorry @Lakotiz couldnt find a way without a 3rd party is it okay if i make them use PHP tell them what to write?
 

Edited by zeyd

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, zeyd said:

u can auto update just with google drive desktop app the problem is making it update the file at C:\Users\profile\AppData\Local\Arma 3\MPMissionsCache

 

and im sorry @Lakotiz couldnt find a way without a 3rd party is it okay if i make them use PHP tell them what to write?
 

lol. PHP? I have never ever seen that suggested as a way of writing automation scripts for desktop environments. Like what? Are you suggesting they install a full WAMP stack to literally just move some files?

If I wasn't using Linux at the moment because i'm on my holiday laptop I would write the script. You need to make a hard symbolic link. This can be achieved with a simple powershell or batch file.

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/16226/complete-guide-to-symbolic-links-symlinks-on-windows-or-linux/

See this. If you know how to write PHP I'm sure you will work out how to take CMD commands and convert them into a batch file.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ive got the sym links already - just unsure how to automatically download the mission files when they're updated from grandtheftarma.com/mission - or is this bit manually?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

it can be automated by making a simple 30 mins made app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, zeyd said:

it can be automated by making a simple 30 mins made app

fancy making it? lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

k wait 30 mins and ill make it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

while im making it just download it using google drive then copy it to here

C:\Users\profile\AppData\Local\Arma 3\MPMissionsCache

make sure u delete any files of the same name as arma3gta in ur downloads server

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just download Google Drive application and add the grandtheftarma.com/mission drive to your own Google Drive and run the following in cmd:


mklink "C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\Arma 3\MPMissionsCache\s1.grandtheftarma.Altis.pbo" "C:\Users\%USERNAME%\Google Drive\Mission Files\s1.grandtheftarma.Altis.pbo" 

mklink "C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\Arma 3\MPMissionsCache\s2.grandtheftarma.Altis.pbo" "C:\Users\%USERNAME%\Google Drive\Mission Files\s2.grandtheftarma.Altis.pbo" 

mklink "C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\Arma 3\MPMissionsCache\s3.grandtheftarma.Altis.pbo" "C:\Users\%USERNAME%\Google Drive\Mission Files\s3.grandtheftarma.Altis.pbo" 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Lakotiz said:

Just download Google Drive application and add the grandtheftarma.com/mission drive to your own Google Drive and run the following in cmd:


mklink "C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\Arma 3\MPMissionsCache\s1.grandtheftarma.Altis.pbo" "C:\Users\%USERNAME%\Google Drive\Mission Files\s1.grandtheftarma.Altis.pbo" 

mklink "C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\Arma 3\MPMissionsCache\s2.grandtheftarma.Altis.pbo" "C:\Users\%USERNAME%\Google Drive\Mission Files\s2.grandtheftarma.Altis.pbo" 

mklink "C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\Arma 3\MPMissionsCache\s3.grandtheftarma.Altis.pbo" "C:\Users\%USERNAME%\Google Drive\Mission Files\s3.grandtheftarma.Altis.pbo" 

you sir are a legend, cheers bud

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now