Welcome to Grand Theft ArmA - The Altis Life Community

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Altis Police Constabulary is now looking for new applicants!

Apply here
DnA

announcement
Manually Updating Mission Files

34 posts in this topic

pXA08Pu.png

Manually Updating Mission Files

We previously had a public Dropbox folder which was used to upload updated mission files automatically so users that have trouble downloading the mission file in-game can download the mission files via their browser and update them manually to avoid said issues. As of today we've ditched Dropbox in favour of Google Drive for stability reasons.

Grand Theft ArmA - Mission Files:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8j-xMQtDZvwVjN6R25sWF94dG8

https://grandtheftarma.com/mission

Mission File Installation

Each server has its own set of mission files. In the Google Driver folder linked above you'll notice that each mission files is prefixed with "s1" for server 1, "s2" for server 2 etc. There are also mission files specific to each map (Altis and Tanoa). You can either download all of the files in the folder and install them or choose the files specific to what server and map you will be playing on.

1. Download the mission file(s) from the Google Drive folder
  2. Locate your ArmA 3 multiplayer mission cache folder (MPMissionsCache) here: C:\Users\%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Arma 3\MPMissionsCache
  3. Move the mission file(s) you downloaded in step 1 into the MPMissionCache folder and join the server. Make sure to close ArmA 3 if you are experiencing issues with replacing any existing files.
  4. You can now join the server and skip the in-game download process as you've updated the files manually.

I have heard from someone that this method is faster than the in-game one, is that true?

Edited by KristianBinau

uhm i found the place where i have to locate it i see all 3 servers do i have to put 1/2 in each of the docs? with each serveR?

Just now, KristianBinau said:

I have hear from someone that this method is faster than the in-game one, is that true?

Well you don't have to update it ingame, so yes technically it is.

Just now, Bjorhusdal said:

Well you don't have to update it ingame, so yes technically it is.

Ohh, nice!

Fantastic - Great work guys @Change

Nice . Thanks ! made it a lot easy cause sometimes i get issues while auto downloading . 

wait you mentioned tanoa... does this mean something xD

So I just did this and I still have to download the mission file. For some reason I keep having to redownload the mission file ever time I join the server after restarting the game. 

7 hours ago, DnA said:

There are also mission files specific to each map (Altis and Tanoa)

Is this the confirmation that Tanoa is coming back? 

And on-topic, this is great! The ingame downloading takes forever to download that 40mb file xD. Thanks!

And is there any way to get like a notification when it has been updated?

18 minutes ago, AwesomeRemco said:

Is this the confirmation that Tanoa is coming back? 

And on-topic, this is great! The ingame downloading takes forever to download that 40mb file xD. Thanks!

And is there any way to get like a notification when it has been updated?

To be fair the Tanoa mission files were on the dropbox even when it was taken down. It's just there incase it ever comes up.

13 hours ago, strideynet said:

To be fair the Tanoa mission files were on the dropbox even when it was taken down. It's just there incase it ever comes up.

DnA and LSK were teasing it on TS last night with sneak peaks, so my guess is that it is coming back. Also the recent 'Do you have the Apex DLC' has just finished and now we're hearing more about Tanoa...

Is there a way of assigning this drive folder to a folder in my PC? Would be really easy to have it automatically updating.

1 hour ago, Hectrim said:

DnA and LSK were teasing it on TS last night with sneak peaks, so my guess is that it is coming back. Also the recent 'Do you have the Apex DLC' has just finished and now we're hearing more about Tanoa...

Also the Hato TS channel 2 says "Highways Tanoa Traffic Officers - HTTO" and not "Highways Altis Traffic Officers - HATO." :D

Cheeky 

6 hours ago, Hectrim said:

I was more pointing out it wasn't a confirmation as such as those files had always been there.

1 hour ago, strideynet said:

I was more pointing out it wasn't a confirmation as such as those files had always been there.

I know, just thought I'd say

Is this still a thing?

If anyone can keep the files updated it would be greatly appreciated as it is much better to just download the file from the browser and get in the server faster when needed...

Edited by El Jacob
-

@DnA hello is it okay if i make a software that will automatically check and download updates if u do want to give me the rights i'd be more than happy to upload it on the forums

Edited by zeyd

42 minutes ago, zeyd said:

@DnA hello is it okay if i make a software that will automatically check and download updates if do want to give me the rights i'd be more than happy to upload it on the forums

Can be done with Google Drive desktop application and symbolic links, no real need for an application.

1 minute ago, Lakotiz said:

Can be done with Google Drive desktop application and symbolic links, no real need for a application.

Thx mate :1f600:

Edited by zeyd

16 minutes ago, zeyd said:

Thx mate :1f600:

You can help by writing a tutorial on how to and then maybe supply a batch file that sets up the symbolic link, that way people won't have to download a sketchy 3rd application that we can't vouch for.

sure ill get working on it

Always looking to help

11 hours ago, zeyd said:

sure ill get working on it

Always looking to help

let me know how you get on with this, cant figure out how to keep downloading the mission files automatically when theyre updated - if you know please pm me im happy to use 3rd party software if its needed

cheers bud