Welcome to Grand Theft ArmA - The Altis Life Community

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Grand Theft ArmA is looking to expand its development team, do you have what it takes?

Read more
DnA

announcement
1st Person View: How to Improve Your Experience

1 post in this topic

Field of View (FoV)

ArmA 3's default field of view is 70 and for many players this is too little and can be quite restrictive in 1st person. Unfortunately ArmA 3 doesn't have an in-game setting to adjust this, there is however a 3rd party tool (which is safe to use) that will allow you to adjust your field of view to whatever value you desire.

6aaf4f438a707276196534ed48925ba1e2801d52

Download: ArmA FOV Changer

I strongly recommend you read the installation instructions very carefully. For those wondering what they should set their vertical FoV to I suggest you start by setting it to 90 and increasing or decreasing it from there depending on how happy you are with the results.

In-Game Settings

These settings are fairly crucial in my opinion and should make 1st person a lot more comfortable for those who may not be used to it.

Game Options

Press Escape In-Game > Options > Game 
qj4AP1T.png

• Set the Head Bob slider to 0.

Video Options

Press Escape In-Game > Options > Video > AA & PPEC4lh5v.png

• Set Radial Blur slider to 0.
  • Set the Rotation Blur slider to 0.

Press Escape In-Game > Options > Video > GeneralwJHxWAZ.png

• Disable PIP (Picture in Picture). PIP allows for things like mirrors and camera screens to be rendered dynamically in game. Mirrors and screens inside of vehicles are only rendered in 1st person and while it is a very cool feature, it's extremely taxing and will result in large FPS drops for some players.