Welcome to Grand Theft ArmA - The Altis Life Community

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Have you linked your in-game account with the forums yet? If not then do it now and claim your £125,000 cash reward and forum award!

Link account
DnA

1st Person View - Trial #3

602 posts in this topic
2 minutes ago, Pett said:

This is how real feedback is submitted, Meow, not just "lfmao i logged in dident like xD"

Personally didnt think about vehicle scouting since ive only played 1st person on BR/DayZ/Wasteland, but if we figure out a solution to that problem I hope we will see 1st person at least long enough to give those who arent used to it a chance to do so

People don't say they don't like it for no reason, everyone has a reason behind their opinion, just because they say don't like it doesn't mean you shout 'you haven't even tried it yet!' there is no difference between first person only on this server and many others.

4 minutes ago, meow said:

People don't say they don't like it for no reason, everyone has a reason behind their opinion, just because they say don't like it doesn't mean you shout 'you haven't even tried it yet!' there is no difference between first person only on this server and many others.

Yes, first person is very similar if not identical on many server. Simply stating that you don't like it gives the developers no insight in WHY you might not like it, which might be something that can be fixed so that it is no longer a problem. If you're going to critique the update at least explain your reasoning from your perspective

Edited by Pett

I don't mind this. I like it. ;D

I have played on first person for around 200hrs/2100hrs and i dont like it, its playable but not so cool. <---My opinnion

Enjoying the change but found a couple of issues @DnA

There is a typo on the word 'Equipped' on the 3rd person alert. Also, it is counting rangefinders as a weapon.

this is going to be very bad man. i know its a roleplay saver but people still get in combat 

I do not very much like this trial idea. This makes combat so much easier now if u play another game like Call of Duty or Battlefield because now its just like their games in first person, which makes combat not really a skill that you have to learn now it is just easy. Another thing about it I do not like is when I get out of my car and my weapon comes out automatically and I have to wait 30 seconds for 3rd person to return, this annoys me very much and most likely others as well. In all I do not feel that Arma 3/ Grand Theft Arma in general is a game/server that should only be a 1st person game in combat/other aspects.

-1 on trials

Edited by Thomas Blackout
missed something

+1 to that i think this will take the skill out of the game 

• I think this is a good idea but it's abit to complecated buti mean it's only trial... I would rather have first person all the time but not when in heli that all.. But it's only trial so it's not perma i belive

1 minute ago, harvey said:

+1 to that i think this will take the skill out of the game 

Not being able to look over walls and thirdperson hipfire is going to take skill OUT of the game?

Its more realistic but I dont like this at all. 

Honestly i think it was fine how it was. There will always been an advantage as you can third person then pull your gun out. Its just the game itself. You cant remove third person entirely as alot of people enjoy third.

I also miss being able to run around with my gun in third outside of combat.

Overall disappointed with this feature and hope its removed. 

eventho i am not a fan of it i could get used to it, however i would like to be able to be in thirth person while i am in a passenger seat of a vehicle

Ok. I tried it. Nope. 

Positives:

More "realistic",...

Negatives:

Much harder to hold and push buildings, can be VERY frustrating as you are forced to hard peak, IMO the lower FOV (Mine is at 100, which obviously is lower than real life...) removed the emersion and I'm constantly having to flick around checking my back, no peripheral vision meaning you can be robbed very easily by a rook banger from behind, generally just frustrating in combat or even just when moving/walking/rp'ing...

*This is my opinion, I don't want to be hated for it thnx <3

dude, It's really good idea kind've about the 3rd person thing and who ever coded it did it a really good job but I'm sorry I do not like it :( 

I really hope this is removed, its small things like this that ruin it, especially only FP in passenger seats...

If it's more realistic it's not mean it's more fun 

Having done 2 runs now, I really don't like it. The constant switching between 1st and 3rd is really making me dizzy. I've sat as a passenger and that is quite disorienting too. I've played 1st person before and never liked it, I don't see myself playing much if it stays tbh.

not a fan of 1st person only :) worth a try tho see how it plays out

Just tried it in a combat situation, and I really dislike it, I understand its very good in role-play, but otherwise it just feels very restricting.
Although this is just my opinion, I know a few like it because it has a more realistic feel to it.

Not a fan of this but will give it some time 

Realism is fun up to a certain point though.

I enjoy this change its new gun fights are exciting, though some problems i'm having are sitting on the bench of a heli and in cars as a passenger, i'm not sure what it is but i get a sort of sea sickness when i'm stuck in first person.

I never play 1st person on Arma unless it's a horror map as it scares the shit out of me. On Altis life it just doesn't work although the RP, combat  is a big thing and 3rd person is a big factor to Arma 3 and if you know how to use it effectively then it makes you better in combat. Although the LRPS was removed, it will encourage more snipers because they don't want to rush you with the 1st person. It just doesn't feel right with 1st person in my opinion and if you want better ways to enhance role play then there must be other methods of doing so as it doesn't feel right at all.

3 minutes ago, JamesFry13 said:

Realism is fun up to a certain point though.

Nailed it