Welcome to Grand Theft ArmA - The Altis Life Community

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Have you linked your in-game account with the forums yet? If not then do it now and claim your £125,000 cash reward and forum award!

Link account
DnA

1st Person View - Trial #3

602 posts in this topic

I really love the fact that you guys are willing to try this. I am not sure if I will like it, since ARMA 3 is my #1 game and 90% of the time I play in 3rd person. So the game will completely different for me, but that doesnt mean it is good or bad, we will have to check it it out. Shout out to the crew! Thumbs up!

2 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

That's more or less avoiding the whole idea. The people that don't like it will all sit on one server which will cause an imbalance. More logical for everyone to try it and then for everyone to give feedback.

Most experienced ArmA players will have tried 1st person and will already have their own opinions. I don't see this being a problem in the slightest, if people don't want 1st person then let them avoid it...

DUDE, 1st person only is awesome idea. no fcks, it will add more reality to the server. its just awesome, whoever came out with this +1 to you dollin <3

Looks good, hopefully this will make combat more immerse.    

Just waiting for everyone's skill level to drop dramatically once it's in place.

Can't wait to try it.

This should honestly be really good to trial, it's going to be fun getting used to combat with this and RP should simply be better. Can't wait :)

Has the runspeed been changed also? Feels like I'm running much slower than normal.

This will be good to try but I will not like this to be for too long as I like to walk as a cop and see myself with gun in hands idk why but its cool ok.

I really don't like it now even more people sit over a click away sniping people down maybe if they remove the long range scopes it will b good 

33 minutes ago, Pak0 said:

I love the idea of 1st person combat, but I feel like the way it is going to be now can be abused a lot. For example you run around 3rd personing with your weapon holstered and then pull the weapon out when you spot someone. After that holster the weapon again and camp for 30s to be able to 3rd person again.

yeah i think that's a problem too

If you honestly think 3rd person is the way Arma was intended to be played, you are delusional. A lot of work has been put into Arma to make 1st person view as realistic as possible, just so you 'competitive' Arma players can whine when you can't look over a wall to hipfire through it. Get real.

I always liked the idea of 1st person and was there at the first 2 trials as well. I also like the changes so lets see how this works out.

+1, Wanted this for so long! Put the skill back in combat. 

hope this stays.

Ive been here long enough to also have tried the previous tests, and I really disliked it. When I go FP, it just feels very restraining. And I hate that feeling

Just now, BOM X REPER said:

going to be bad

Nice feedback, very well constructed with good arguments.

46 minutes ago, peeley said:

ya i know its ridiculous. Try it out first

okay i just tried it for you, i went on a 1st person only server.

guess what? i still dislike it.

The last time we had first-person, outside greenzones, I personally felt that "vehicle scouting" in an MRAP, tempest or HEMTT:s was way to strong - meaning vehicle third-personi view was ridiculously strong.

Example: Tempest drives around just to scout ground units and communicate that. Spots person on the otherside of walls, don't have cooldown when decamping and can pre-fire the corner - or just sit there and keep an eye on the target.

Sorry if this has already been mentioned but I don't have the time to read the previous posts even though there's not too many of them.

TBH I think this is worthless, we almost don't even reach the goal of donations because we are changing so much with all the server. I really don't see the point with doing this, sure the roleplay will improve but there is ways to improve rp in other ways.

Please someone explain!

5 minutes ago, meow said:

Yeah I'm sure you gave it a real thorough try!

5 minutes ago, meow said:

You gave it a lot of time! 

1 hour ago, Deezii said:

Maybe he likes 3rd person. But the question is why does he like it, and why does he dislike 1st person.

3k hours on arma.

i think i've tried it more times than you can imagine.

Just now, meow said:

3k hours on arma.

i think i've tried it more times than you can imagine.

I have to agree with meow on this one. Sometimes it's just personal preference, just like when playing Battle Royale: do you enjoy first- or third-person the most? I can't really say as it's mood based for the most, but I still say I rather go third-person about eight out of every ten games.

I would be happy to give it a try again of course here on Grand Theft Arma, but like I said in my previous post: I wonder will the vehicle scouting be too strong again? My opinion it's too strong, of course.

2 minutes ago, FrankW said:

I have to agree with meow on this one. Sometimes it's just personal preference, just like when playing Battle Royale: do you enjoy first- or third-person the most? I can't really say as it's mood based for the most, but I still say I rather go third-person about eight out of every ten games.

I would be happy to give it a try again of course here on Grand Theft Arma, but like I said in my previous post: I wonder will the vehicle scouting be too strong again? My opinion it's too strong, of course.

This is how real feedback is submitted, Meow, not just "lfmao i logged in dident like xD"

Personally didnt think about vehicle scouting since ive only played 1st person on BR/DayZ/Wasteland, but if we figure out a solution to that problem I hope we will see 1st person at least long enough to give those who arent used to it a chance to do so