Welcome to Grand Theft ArmA - The Altis Life Community

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Altis Police Constabulary is now looking for new applicants!

Apply here
DnA

1st Person View - Trial #3

602 posts in this topic

This sounds Great, fighting someone is so much more fun when you can't see them over walls <3 but 3rd person is still best for driving and walking around <3

1 minute ago, Deezii said:

Maybe he likes 3rd person. But the question is why does he like it, and why does he dislike 1st person.

Im not going to argue here and spam the thread, but its pretty obvious "I like it" and "I dont like it" are the same.

Well, sniping is very efficiently, compared to close-combat now. And this will improve that proportion, since this doesn't affect snipers as much as the close-quarter soldiers.
That's by now the only negative side I can see by this change.

Exciting, though.

Thats gonna improve quality of combat imo

I think it would really improve the combat of the game. Its gonna be bad for some people, because they are really used to third person. But i like the idea of trying it out!

this might affect cops and nato more as they walk around with weapons out all the time to stop people from knocking them down hand cuffing them and stealing all that sweet free gear

The no weapon thing could be abused still, sitting behind a wall with your weapon on your back trying to see people, when you see someone whip it out and shoot them. It sounds good and I'm all for 1st person as it adds more realism but there will abusers to that aspect.

Just now, lokii said:

this might affect cops and nato more as they walk around with weapons out all the time to stop people from knocking them down hand cuffing them and stealing all that sweet free gear

agree with this. Its really hard to RP with civs if you have to stay in first person. Might be something for Bluefor that if the weapon is lowerd it also has a 30 second timing?

I drive 3rd Person last 10 times i drove 1st person I lost about 1.5 Mill gear xD Personally I think this is a bad idea ex deeee

17 minutes ago, DnA said:

3rd person will be available if you are driving a vehicle.

Does this apply to everyone in the vehicle or just the driver? If it only applies to the driver it will be almost impossible to effectivley have more than one person in an mrap.

This sounds amazing, cant wait to try it out

6 minutes ago, Tony said:

Well, sniping is very efficiently, compared to close-combat now. And this will improve that proportion, since this doesn't affect snipers as much as the close-quarter soldiers.
That's by now the only negative side I can see by this change.

Exciting, though.

I gotta agree with Tony here.

As a sniper, you wont be using 3rd person as much as some who is fighting in CQ, so I also feel like sniping will become a bigger problem.

2 minutes ago, stiliyam said:

I drive 3rd Person last 10 times i drove 1st person I lost about 1.5 Mill gear xD Personally I think this is a bad idea ex deeee

Did you even read it? 3rd person is available in a car. 

Eh, I don't really like it but I guess you need to please the majority.

1 minute ago, Deezii said:

I gotta agree with Tony here.

As a sniper, you wont be using 3rd person as much as some who is fighting in CQ, so I also feel like sniping will become a bigger problem.

Gang initiation is a problem.

I like arma for the 3rd person I mean I will trial it but don't like the idea, just going to make everything slow and more difficult to enjoy in my opinion :(

5 minutes ago, stiliyam said:

Did you even read it?

Tbh running in first person makes me feel ill and i don't like it at all because i feel so limited in first person.

Love how people complain and the server hasn't even started with it applied yet. Try it people, I think it'll be great.

1 minute ago, Vince said:

Love how people complain and the server hasn't even started with it applied yet. Try it people, I think it'll be great.

^

First try it, and then review :D

Just now, Vince said:

ya i know its ridiculous. Try it out first

@DnA is it possible to trial this on just 1 or 2 servers at first?

I'm excited to try it, I can however see the feature being abused though and people just pulling out their weapon when they spot someone around a corner. Or if someone was camping a rock in third person sniping and not breaking cover whilst everyone else was running around in first person not thinking about third person and they get sniped, this would give an unfair advantage in my opinion 

Just now, Justjack said:

@DnA is it possible to trial this on just 1 or 2 servers at first?

That's more or less avoiding the whole idea. The people that don't like it will all sit on one server which will cause an imbalance. More logical for everyone to try it and then for everyone to give feedback.

Pretty much everyone who started out with 3rd person combat and are used to 3rd person probably won't like this change, at least initially.

For those who started out with 1st person only from Arma 2 knows how great of a combat experience it is, and will probably like this.

Given how terrible people are at driving in this game it's probably a good idea to keep driving in 3rd.

I really hope this trial is successful and that it stays!

For those who haven't really tried 1st person, give it a chance!