Welcome to Grand Theft ArmA - The Altis Life Community

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Grand Theft ArmA is looking to expand its development team, do you have what it takes?

Read more
Lakotiz

announcement
Grand Theft ArmA Wiki

Grand Theft ArmA Wiki   386 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think a community driven Wiki would be a good alternative to the current outdated guide?

• Yes
    • No

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

116 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, MxGaming said:

So it's a community driven wiki... But the community can not contribute or edit the wiki?! Such community much driven.

As Phly said, applications were open a while ago and it was not hard to be accepted. Attitude like that is not advised, and will be considered when the next application round is over, we do check applicants post history...

2 hours ago, MxGaming said:

So it's a community driven wiki... But the community can not contribute or edit the wiki?! Such community much driven.

If we allowed any person to create an account then it would be spammed and likely edited by enemies of GTArma. Those who wish to contribute may apply.

"We'll get back to you tomorrow"

6e8f53670e0e30ba6f4afa9621ef27ee.png

As @Verm said some of the grammar is shocking, perhaps there could be people who review pieces prior to being put into the wiki itself?

Edited by David B
First bit is a meme ;)

Just now, David B said:

As @Verm said some of the grammar is shocking, perhaps there could be people who review pieces prior to being put into the wiki itself?

I just feel like there was a mass recruitment of Wiki editor, whoever applied pretty much got accepted. 

22 minutes ago, Hectrim said:

I just feel like there was a mass recruitment of Wiki editor, whoever applied pretty much got accepted. 

I understand why you feel that way, honestly I do. Maybe I got some of the applications wrong, I don't know. I mean, anyone can make mistakes, but I have seen a shocking amount as well...

I can promise you that whoever applied most definitely did not get accepted. I went off the quality of their application and then had a chat with them on TS. Quite a few applications did not get accepted. 

Edited by Peter

56 minutes ago, David B said:

This is already the case, yet we're waiting for the wiki pages to be finished before we go through and correct spelling, punctuation and grammar. This will all be done in time and, as stated atop the wiki main page, the project is still in a "Work In Progress" stage and will have minute issues and such.

Please be patient with us whilst we work to improve the wiki :)

55 minutes ago, Hectrim said:

With regards to this, as you can see and clearly tell there are those responding to this thread, even the comment you quoted, stating they didn't get added to the Wiki team. Surely this is evidence enough it wasn't simply a case of adding everyone and anyone who wanted to join?

@Peter & @strideynet will be constantly looking at the work being put in by Wiki members and removing as they see fit should someone not be hitting the mark or not pulling their weight; I'm sure of this.

Edited by James Gaff

20 minutes ago, James Gaff said:

With regards to this, as you can see and clearly tell there are those responding to this thread, even the comment you quoted, stating they didn't get added to the Wiki team. Surely this is evidence enough it wasn't simply a case of adding everyone and anyone who wanted to join?

Do you want me to emphasise on the 'I feel like' bit? Never said that's what exactly happened. And considering Peter agrees with me, I think you misunderstood what I was saying

1 minute ago, Hectrim said:

Do you want me to emphasise on the 'I feel like' bit? Never said that's what exactly happened. And considering Peter agrees with me, I think you misunderstood what I was saying

Not to speak for him but I'd say he doesn't agree but can understand why you'd think that. Everyone interprets written English differently and I don't personally see that as Peter agreeing with your statement, in all honesty.

Anyhoo - I'm not the one in charge of the Wiki by any stretch of the imagination so I'll leave this one to Peter & Stridey to sort :)

6 minutes ago, James Gaff said:

Not to speak for him but I'd say he doesn't agree but can understand why you'd think that. Everyone interprets written English differently and I don't personally see that as Peter agreeing with your statement, in all honesty.

He did in fact say he understands what im saying, so I dont really understand why you're saying there's enough evidence to say im wrong, when the person who is in-charge, who openly said he may have messed up with applications and went off the quality of their application. 

12 minutes ago, Hectrim said:

6 minutes ago, James Gaff said:

Anyhoo - I'm not the one in charge of the Wiki by any stretch of the imagination so I'll leave this one to Peter & Stridey to sort :)

I appreciate the comments and comments are very much allowed and appreciated. However, I can see this turning into an argument and that is not what anyone wants, especially as both of you are wiki editors. 

I will continue to look through the wiki and improve it where I can, fix mistakes and other things that I find. 

Comments and discussion is fine and allowed here, but let's not have any arguments :D

Ok I will no longer comment, unless it's useful. 

On 11/11/2016 at 7:10 PM, Verm said:

Plenty of sentences are completely unreadable in terms of grammar. Seems like hardly any effort was put into some of the topics.

Also, randoms capitalisation where it isn't needed and no capitalisation where it is needed seems to be an issue as well.

"grammar"

"randoms capitalisation"

I'll see myself out.

Edited by shitposter147

Just now, shitposter147 said:

"grammar"

"randoms capitalisation"

I'll see myself out.

woops

1 hour ago, shitposter147 said:

"grammar"

"randoms capitalisation"

I'll see myself out.

To be fair, I wrote that on my phone and I also didn't volunteer to edit a Wiki page :1f60a:

is @David B part of this yet? If not, sign him up already, at least we know what to expect from him.

2 minutes ago, LSK said:

is @David B part of this yet? If not, sign him up already, at least we know what to expect from him.

It was my job on the last wiki I worked on and we didn't get complaints regarding grammar as they were ironed out prior to being fully released.