Welcome to Grand Theft ArmA - The Altis Life Community

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Have you linked your in-game account with the forums yet? If not then do it now and claim your £125,000 cash reward and forum award!

Link account
Lakotiz

Grand Theft ArmA Wiki

Grand Theft ArmA Wiki   395 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think a community driven Wiki would be a good alternative to the current outdated guide?

• Yes
    • No

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
116 posts in this topic

I'll be glad to be help. looks great.

An official update:

As stated earlier, we're still looking for another Chief Wiki Editor.

I would also like to congratulate @Peter with being chosen as the first Chief Wiki Editor, he had a very good application and a lot of experience in the bag, so there's no doubt that he'll be able to take this project far.

I'm going on vacation tomorrow for the next week, so by the time I get back I'll read whatever applications I've received and choose the second Chief Wiki Editor, which will help Peter go through the many applications we've gotten for the Wiki Editor rank and help with building up the base structure for the Wiki. This should hopefully mean that the project will officially launch and go under construction some time next week.

Thank you for all the interest and attention that this project has been given, we've received numerous applications for both normal editor positions and chief editor positions, there's no doubt that this project will turn into something great and I'm pretty sure we can expect more official large-scale community driven projects in the future.

I look forward to go through all the applications when I get home next week!

Great Idea! :1f603:

Good idea guys, it not only gets people more involved with the community but also helps the newer players who need the information!

Sounds amazing

Wiki Editor Applications

Hey guys,

i would like to introduce myself, I am Peter and I am one of the Chief Wiki Editors for this project. I have had a lot of people asking me how to apply for Wiki Editor and I know a lot of people have emailed Lakotiz and a lot of people do not think that applications are open yet. 

I am now opening applications to become a Wiki Editor, this is because some people have send applications to Lakotiz already, which is great, but some people think that applications are not open yet. Because some people have applied and some people haven't I am opening them now so that people who have not applied have a week to apply :)

Please send your application to me, I will then share the application with the second Chief when they are chosen. If you have sent your application to Lakotiz, you do not need to reapply as he will forward them to me in a weeks time. Me and the other Chief will then look through the applications and choose the Wiki Editors. I hope this all makes sense. Because some people have already applied, it makes sense to open applications to everyone so that when Lakotiz comes back and forwards the other applications to me, I will already have the other applications ready to review.

There is no template, this is to show us how you write and what you include, applications will close on 25th October, 2016 at 12 midnight. Please send all applications to me, I will share them with the other Chief when they get chosen and we will get back to you as soon as we can! As I said before, if you have already sent your application to Lakotiz, you do not need to send it to me as well, as it will get forwarded to me.

Thank you for your support and excitement, I am very excited to lead this project and to see your applications! :D

Peter <3

Edited by Peter

I hope this concept goes far , good luck peter 

10 hours ago, luca said:

I hope this concept goes far , good luck peter 

thank you very much! It should be really good :D

Hmmmm. I'll try to make an app tomorrow

We are still accepting applications! Please send me an application if you wish to be considered for the Wiki Editor position.

You will get

• Teamspeak tag to show off your Wiki Editor status
  • Forum tag
  • Access to the wiki, GTA's community driven project
  • You will be helping out on a big project, supporting GTA.

Please send me an application, if you wish to be considered, there is no template. I look forward to going over them this week :D

Any issues, find me on TS, my name is Peter or PM me, TS is usually better for a faster response! :D

Thanks <3

Peter

Edited by Peter

Just now, Peter said:

We are still accepting applications! Please send me an application if you wish to be considered for the Wiki Editor position.

You will get

• Forum tag

Please send me an application, if you wish to be considered, there is no template. I look forward to going over them this week :D

Any issues, find me on TS, my name is Peter or PM me, TS is usually better for a faster response! :D

Thanks <3

Peter

Any news regarding the second chief editor and has my app been handed over to you?

2 minutes ago, strideynet said:

Any news regarding the second chief editor and has my app been handed over to you?

They will be chosen this week :D

Did Lakotiz forward the applications he recieved to you?

1 minute ago, Rifle D Luffy said:

Did Lakotiz forward the applications he recieved to you?

On 18/10/2016 at 2:16 PM, Peter said:

If you have sent your application to Lakotiz, you do not need to reapply as he will forward them to me in a weeks time.

Alright I'm officially back from my vacation now, I'll get onto all this Wiki business first thing tomorrow :-)

Just now, Lakotiz said:

Alright I'm officially back from my vacation now, I'll get onto all this Wiki business first thing tomorrow :-)

Hope u had a great vacation!

Just now, Lakotiz said:

Sick. Can't wait to see who gets it!

This is a really great idea compared to the guide. I hope it gets off the ground in terms of keeping up with updates.

On 10/24/2016 at 0:47 PM, Peter said:

You will get

• Forum tag

Thanks <3

Peter

Hoping Lakotiz will pass my application on :D Have lots of experience with managing community maintained game wikis.

Looking forward to getting started :)

A wiki for the server can real help out for the new hops in server (:

Its advancing really well, looking forward to release :D

Amazing! The guide is so outdated, look forward to this wiki!

The team is working  really hard and so far it looks great!

Edited by Hectrim

6 minutes ago, Hectrim said:

The team is work8ng really hard and so far it looks great!

'work8ng'

But on a more serious note, awesome! Looking forward to the wiki