Welcome to Grand Theft ArmA - The Altis Life Community

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Grand Theft ArmA is looking to expand its development team, do you have what it takes?

Read more
Bahamut

[protip] Rebind your voice coms

12 posts in this topic

Arma 3 has a lot of keybinds and controls and sometimes can get overwhelming. Now with the new update with markers on the map, sometimes it's really annoying to use the default "push to talk" capslock keybind.

I recomend changing your "push to talk" keybind to "talk in direct" as your dude will always talk in direct no matter what chat channel you have active. This helps with more than just keeping track of map markers, it makes sure you don't actually shout "HEY LADS WHATS UP" in side channel when you log on, or intitiate "put ur hands up put ur hands up" in side chat which is always embarassing. It might even avoid some accidents and failed initiations etc.

Just go to ESC->Controls->Multiplayer and rebind! Simple. Also perhaps setup another keybind for group and vehicle chat.

EfcnDfA.jpg

You're the real mvp, bruv.

Edited by Pezzo

Thanks for the tips man!

20 hours ago, Bahamut said:

Just go to ESC->Controls->Multiplayer and rebind! Simple. Also perhaps setup another keybind for group and vehicle chat.

Pretty sure this makes you unable to speak when in cuffs, or at least used to. That's the reason I switched back from this setting like half a year ago.

1 hour ago, Verm said:

Pretty sure this makes you unable to speak when in cuffs, or at least used to. That's the reason I switched back from this setting like half a year ago.

Set voice over net to capslockx2 and youll be good.

Edited by Pezzo

3 hours ago, Verm said:

I don't know about that, it works fine now however.

3 hours ago, Verm said:

I've never had any issues, seems to be fixed

Wew. Never knew about that. Much thanks, very wow.

Works perfectly thanks

Great tip!

Finally no more side channel initiations.

But what about talking in vehicles?

nice thanks alot man!