Welcome to Grand Theft ArmA - The Altis Life Community

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Grand Theft ArmA is looking to expand its development team, do you have what it takes?

Read more
DnA

Apex, Tanoa and the New Framework

584 posts in this topic

I'm really curious on how this will affect the whole GTA community and how the servers will pan out after the new framework.

While the whole asset thing is very sad indeed, I wonder how things will start after the new framework and if it will be fun grinding out that money again. If it is fun and there's a is a lot to to do, I think I can look over the whole money thing.

6 minutes ago, Soap said:

I'm not init for that..im in it for the cocaine and champagne ;)

932a13137475af801eccf65ec33179b9.png

Just now, Lakotiz said:

+1

Just now, Soap said:

+1

+1

Better start buying those Cyrus loadouts then :/

But the new framework sounds good though.

Edited by Deezii

Always wanted to buy a blue Ifrit, if this isnt a sign to go for it I dont know what is 

Lets chop shop my trucks and choppers

A couple of reasons for reset:

1. The current economy is beyond broken and it's been this way for some time. Making £10,000,000 is beyond easy and if you're smart doesn't take very long either. Syncing money from a broken economy that is over inflated would bring the same issues to the new framework.
  2. The new framework is not Life as you know it. There are various new mechanics that make the experience of making money and doing "runs" less of a chore and reward players who plan ahead.

Think of it as a new game, a new experience, a new life. Don't think of it as just a reset of cash and vehicles because once you get your hands on the new framework, you'll completely forget about it and want to progress through the new system.

2 minutes ago, DnA said:

1. The current economy is beyond broken and it's been this way for some time. Making £10,000,000 is beyond easy and if you're smart doesn't take very long either. Syncing money from a broken economy that is over inflated would bring the same issues to the new framework.
  2. The new framework is not Life as you know it. There are various new mechanics that make the experience of making money and doing "runs" less of a chore and reward players who plan ahead.

Think of it as a new game, a new experience, a new life. Don't think of it as just a reset of cash and vehicles because once you get your hands on the new framework, you'll completely forget about it and want to progress through the new system.

now that you say it that way, cant wait !

Can't wait, the whole community appreciates the work you all do. It's amazing tbf.

Sounds interesting. I am new to this kind of mission/mod, played just a few days so far. But well, on my 3rd day i had a HEMTT Box and £4m+ in my bank (even though i lost most of it the same day), so lets see how the new economy is going to be ;-]

p.s.: and the leveling system .. damn .. do i have to buy(and use) a lot of magazines to level up my "gun skills"? :D

Edited by BTL

Sounds great. Really like that money/vehicles are not linked. I can experience being hobo on both :)

Why are groups linked? I feel like most gangs will stick to one server.

Edited by BigPoppaPump

People, when being thrown out of their comfort zone, tend to become insecure. The comfort zone in this case is licenses, bank accs and vehicles. If I got it right, new framework is going to present a COMPLETELY different experience. It will be unfair for new people to meet others that have gained resources through a different gaming experience (especially if that was easier). Also, there may be a problem with balance. If, let's say, within the new framework HEMMT Boxes are extremely strong and useful, and expensive at the same time, and someone has 15 of them transferred over from the old framework it is going to lean the "balance bar" heavily towards individuals. Additionally, people with a certain social cycle and people to play with should be able to easily reach a rich state of finance again and it will also be a new-old experience to re-live the hobo life.

What I would also like to see from the new framework is role-play being rewarded financially. Apart from @Extreme cases (Pun intended), money through role-playing has never had a stable income. I realise this may be next to impossible to implement and it would require people from the community rewarding other people in-game (which may bring additional probs with corruption etc) but it will be the step that will bring a roleplay server to its maximum potential level.

I am not too happy about a wipe, But! I guess it will be a good opportunity for you to explore tanoa and the new framework, and I think the people that are dedicated to the server will remain despite the wipe, and even if we lose some players initially I think it will work out well in the long run.

GTA is the largest altis life community, without fancy scripts and systems, yet GTA manages to beat more deeply scripted servers like Asylum, so I have high hopes for our beloved community!

(Disclaimer: I don't know anything avout scripting, but Asylum seems to have chosen more complicated paths than gta on certain areas. On the surface many of gta's aspects seem simpler, but afaik that could be a virtue, which is a different discussion alltogether, simply put; no offence meant!)

5 minutes ago, ZeHeinrich said:

GTA is the largest altis life community, without fancy scripts and systems, yet GTA manages to beat more deeply scripted servers like Asylum

... seriously Heinrich?

Is it possible to kick people from the group when they are offline?

7 minutes ago, ZeHeinrich said:

GTA is the largest altis life community, without fancy scripts and systems, yet GTA manages to beat more deeply scripted servers like Asylum, so I have high hopes for our beloved community!

@DnA .... Your been called out :o

Edited by Richards

1 hour ago, Lakotiz said:

Nah that is not the last logo CnC had! 

I think Tonoa should be a fresh with new economy and account and altis should stay the same, as people have worked a long time on it, I understand its a new framework but there should be something for it.

All is well and good but the one thing that really bugs me is the gang cap. I'am all against peacetime as it just ruins the economy but what in situations where you want to do a joint mint, how will the gang cap system be counteracted?  

So surely it would be beneficial to apply to cops now so you can easily gain cash when the reset comes as a lot of people know its kinda safer to gain cash in the cops etc as well as NHS? 

To be honest we will just have to wait and see how it is. You can't just judge the new system by a forum post, who knows how it will be. I think it will be good to have a fresh start but at the same time I spent a lot of time working my way up and making the money. To be honest I won't mind going around George Town pistol banging people XD. Honestly though, this change could be a good choice as the economy is messed up in a way that some have 100,000,000 and some have 1,000,000. When they come across each other gun  fights can become unfair. I think the change will be good in a way that everyone will be equal and able to make money and work their way back up.

1 hour ago, DnA said:

Yeah now you put it that way I kinda think it will be fun, obviously gang wise ASM are gunna have to make big plans member size wise xD don't wanna be wasting precious cash on gang slots in the start

1 hour ago, foxpaw said:

Always wanted to buy a blue Ifrit, if this isnt a sign to go for it I dont know what is 

Pretty sure I want a pink one and we should just cruise around in them in off peak times. xD :D

I appreciate all the work DnA has put into this new framework. When I first heard about Tanoa I thought it would be completely different and non-related to Altis. For example Altis would still be the same but Tanoa would be a whole different story with different progress. The wipe is what may make tons of people leave the community though,it's very risky because people have spent hours and hours of runs and grinding XP for advanced and have it all just taken away. I think this will be a good opportunity to some people though,the people who are rich and resourceful will have to be a hobo again... I feel as if life on Altis will be dead and everyone will play Tanoa instead... This change is very risky because it could kill the community.