Welcome to Grand Theft ArmA - The Altis Life Community

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Grand Theft ArmA is looking to expand its development team, do you have what it takes?

Read more
DnA

Apex, Tanoa and the New Framework

584 posts in this topic

Just now, Dante said:

PS. Will miss my Special Redbull Hatchback Sports

oh shit all the rare items will missed

I like the concept but I really would not like the wipe of a account, I understand it but the amount of hours some have put into it is pretty hard to take away. 

Edited by Jimmy00

tbh, i dont think anyone is going to play altis once the wipe comes through, because whats the point of going back to the same map doing the same stuff when you have worked hard to get where you are now and have to do the exact same all over again. In my opinion most players will be on Tanoa.

I am not quite sure if i understand good. Are we starting from the beginning? No licenses? And if we had Advanced Rebel, we need to make money for it again?

You've been given a heads up in good time now, there's still plenty of time to play and spend your remaining cash both on Altis and Tanoa. 

It's exciting times and we knew that this would be a hard blow for some people, but as DnA starts releasing more information and the testing begins, it'll hopefully help soften the blow. No one else will offer any near what this framework will offer (not even rusty cars), so trust us on this one, it'll be worth the wait and the wipe.

2 minutes ago, Lakotiz said:

You've been given a heads up in good time now, there's still plenty of time to play and spend your remaining cash both on Altis and Tanoa. 

It's exciting times and we knew that this would be a hard blow for some people, but as DnA starts releasing more information and the testing begins, it'll hopefully help soften the blow. No one else will offer any near what this framework will offer (not even rusty cars), so trust us on this one, it'll be worth the wait and the wipe.

Will the full restart happen on the release of Tanoa?

1 minute ago, Dan Cox said:

No, on the release of the new framework, i think

18 minutes ago, AP0LLO said:

It is a shame but it will most likely solve any balance issues which is a plus

I would say there is little to no balance issues, try farming for thousands of hours and then to hear that it will be all completely wiped, not a satisfying feeling to be honest. That being said, the rest of the frame work etc looks extremely exciting and I look forward to it.

1 minute ago, Dan Cox said:

Apex expansion gets released the 11th and that's the day we're planning to have a Tanoa Life server out, which will be linked to the current Altis Life server with everything (money, vehicles and perks). It'll remain like that for a while until the framework is ready for release and when that happens the economy will be wiped on both islands. But as mentioned in the announcement, public testing for people that donated to the server will hopefully start in 1-2 months and that's just testing, the actual release is another case. So there'll be plenty of time for you to play on both Altis and Tanoa with your current assets.

28 minutes ago, ARHume said:

APC will be on full hobo protection mode 

Protection from who if everyone is hobo?

2 minutes ago, Sid Ganji said:

I would say there is little to no balance issues, try farming for thousands of hours and then to hear that it will be all completely wiped, not a satisfying feeling to be honest. That being said, the rest of the frame work etc looks extremely exciting and I look forward to it.

I know I'm not happy to here about the money wipe to however, I believe in the end it will be worth it

So cool XD

I See why things have to change but I do believe that the new framework should be brought to Tanoa

Like people have been saying, for myself and those that have been apart of this community for a long time and spent thousands of hours just on GTA to get our stuff taken away?..Yes I love the idea of a new start and people start fresh but why not just leave this down to the New map?

Personally even the thought of going to another Altis life sucks..its agg and the thought of starting fresh and having to farm again if I join them servers sucks. (I like GTA a lot Obviously) I'm just saying that doing this whole wipe on altis aswell I think will have a massive effect on GTA and population of the servers due to that fact of the farm people have made over the years to have it all taken and farm the same map again from the beginning.

However I will attend them tests as I'm interested on what it offers

7 minutes ago, Lakotiz said:

Apex expansion gets released the 11th and that's the day we're planning to have a Tanoa Life server out, which will be linked to the current Altis Life server with everything (money, vehicles and perks). It'll remain like that for a while until the framework is ready for release and when that happens the economy will be wiped on both islands. But as mentioned in the announcement, public testing for people that donated to the server will hopefully start in 1-2 months and that's just testing, the actual release is another case. So there'll be plenty of time for you to play on both Altis and Tanoa with your current assets.

Will you be doing like a few events/destroying the economy a few days before the wipe? so people can at least reach advanced, kidnap people and take over towns?

36 minutes ago, Ben said:

The gang cap basically means that gangs that are already set up with members are going to have to ditch people because they won't be able to play the game in their current group.

Other than that everything looks ace.

Or there can be seperate divisions of gangs...

tbh, i dont think anyone is going to play altis once the wipe comes through, because whats the point of going back to the same map doing the same stuff when you have worked hard to get where you are now and have to do the exact same all over again. In my opinion most players will be on Tanoa.

I'm going to play after the wipe. I don't know what you are talking about. It's not like I'm poor either lol. I have 14mil and my account is still growing bby.

Edited by OllieJordan

1 minute ago, OllieJordan said:

Or there can be seperate divisions of gangs...

But gang initiation is then screwed

Because if three members from alpha are on and one from bravo they cant gang initiate

1 minute ago, Soap said:

I See why things have to change but I do believe that the new framework should be brought to Tanoa

Like people have been saying, for myself and those that have been apart of this community for a long time and spent thousands of hours just on GTA to get our stuff taken away?..Yes I love the idea of a new start and people start fresh but why not just leave this down to the New map?

Personally even the thought of going to another Altis life sucks..its agg and the thought of starting fresh and having to farm again if I join them servers sucks. (I like GTA a lot Obviously) I'm just saying that doing this whole wipe on altis aswell I think will have a massive effect on GTA and population of the servers due to that fact of the farm people have made over the years to have it all taken and farm the same map again from the beginning.

However I will attend them tests as I'm interested on what it offers

Grand Theft ArmA has always been about quality, we would always choose quality over quantity any day, even though it'll affect the player population. It's a risky move to take, but we believe that it'll deliver the best possible player experience for everyone on the framework, as you'll be able to experience every aspect of it. The whole starting up from scratch aspect is one of the most challenging but also rewarding stages of life mods and there's no doubt when you first get started you'll realize that it was for the better.

Not to mention that people complaining about losing everything they worked for, I don't really think that's the case, you all play to have fun and get some good experiences and I'm pretty sure that all the people that spent many hours of the server have had some amazing moments they won't forget anytime soon and met some amazing people, that's what the community is about after all. 

I did also do a check on some of the people complaining about losing months of work and in most cases we aren't even talking total value over 10-15 million, so try to look away from the money and focus on all the new amazing experiences and moments you'll have on the framework.

23 minutes ago, Dat Boi said:

Usually no more than 20 people need to be in a gunfight. If anything it'll make things more orginised and only for big jobs do the divisions have to combine.

Also, this means that gangs can have skill divisions, so the less experienced people will be in division C and will target tier 2 runs, division B will target small drug convoys/trucks and division A will orginize banks, attack large convoys with large weapons and will train and combine the seperate forces.

22 minutes ago, Lakotiz said:

Time to start offloading assets into our offshore accounts.

1 minute ago, OllieJordan said:

Usually no more than 20 people need to be in a gunfight. If anything it'll make things more orginised and only for big jobs do the divisions have to combine.

Also, this means that gangs can have skill divisions, so the less experienced people will be in division C and will target tier 2 runs, division B will target small drug convoys/trucks and division A will orginize banks, attack large convoys with large weapons and will train and combine the seperate forces.

But the majority of people will not be on 24/7 and they might want to combine forces to make a operation due to other members being on leave or busy.

This in my opinion will screw the mechanics and the way that the rules have been adapted to the game to do with out of greenzone combat

8 hours ago, Lakotiz said:

Not to mention that people complaining about losing everything they worked for, I don't really think that's the case, you all play to have fun and get some good experiences and I'm pretty sure that all the people that spent many hours of the server have had some amazing moments they won't forget anytime soon and met some amazing people, that's what the community is about after all. 

Yes we play to have fun, but doing constant runs to get to a point which we have already reached, that doesn't sound that fun to me.

1 minute ago, Dat Boi said:

Yes we play to have fun, but doing constant runs to get to a point which we have already reached, that doesn't sound that fun to me.

+1

I know that the new framework will be amazing! But the first few weeks maybe months is going to be a complete slob 

1 minute ago, Dat Boi said:

I know that the new framework will be amazing! But the first few weeks maybe months is going to be a complete slob 

Weeks? I know people that have grinded for more than that for their money,

9 minutes ago, Lakotiz said:

Grand Theft ArmA has always been about quality, we would always choose quality over quantity any day, even though it'll affect the player population. It's a risky move to take, but we believe that it'll deliver the best possible player experience for everyone on the framework, as you'll be able to experience every aspect of it. The whole starting up from scratch aspect is one of the most challenging but also rewarding stages of life mods and there's no doubt when you first get started you'll realize that it was for the better.

I did also do a check on some of the people complaining about losing months of work and in most cases we aren't even talking total value over 10-15 million, so try to look away from the money and focus on all the new amazing experiences and moments you'll have on the framework.

I'm not init for that..im in it for the cocaine and champagne ;)