Welcome to Grand Theft ArmA - The Altis Life Community

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Altis Police Constabulary is now looking for new applicants!

Apply here
Max Carver

Admin Q&A

128 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, TKCLucas said:

Do you admins tell your friends/family that u are and admin In an roleplay community?? xDDDDDDDDDD

Yea me nan knitted me a admin jumper I ware it while I do forum work.

16 minutes ago, LSK said:

Yea me nan knitted me a admin jumper I ware it while I do forum work.

Will she make me one? 

On 04/08/2016 at 1:09 AM, dylan01021 said:

What has been your most frustrating experience with a player in game?

I haven't really had something I've carried over to annoy me in real life, I think the one that peeves me the most is the accusations of admin abuse, ita rare that admins play on the server to just play, generally were on to check something, help someone out or test something so the few times we get to play and play properly it is awful when someone accuses you of abusing your power.

Fortunately this happens rarely and is never backed up by any evidence as we as a staff team do not abuse unless its one of those crazy nights in Kavala. However when we are playing as players we play fairly. If anyone of us is caught to be abusing we would swiftly be shown the door.

On 04/08/2016 at 1:15 AM, TKCLucas said:

Do you admins tell your friends/family that u are and admin In an roleplay community?? xDDDDDDDDDD

I love what I do but I really don't feel it's an impressive feat to people who don't know anything about Altis Life, I save my breath.

-

Edited by TKCLucas

What is the worst thing about being a Admin?

On 8/28/2016 at 0:27 PM, Thomas Potato said:

What is the worst thing about being a Admin?

Ah, no one answered you. 

Well personally I think it's when you try to explain someone the rules and they start saying that's not correct to avoid punishment/comp.

With other words, instead of using 5mins on solving an issue that might not even require comp, you gonna end up using 30-40mins.

What's the funniest think you've seen when spectating someone?  

On 10/7/2016 at 9:07 PM, Andy said:

What's the funniest think you've seen when spectating someone?  

A guy who used 40 minutes on duping and once he was done he message me on TS saying he accidentally 

There is a lot of random stuff going on during the day.

When there's a big issue like all the players being banned a couple weeks ago, and you don't know what's happening, do you guys panic, or do you assume it's a script kiddie? 

Is it possible to host a dayz standalone roleplay server ?

On 24/10/2016 at 8:17 PM, Memes Most Dank said:

When there's a big issue like all the players being banned a couple weeks ago, and you don't know what's happening, do you guys panic, or do you assume it's a script kiddie? 

I used to panic when I first got the power to deal with these things but now it's just about keeping calm getting all the information, calling on the people you may need to help out (Sometimes if its something like what you mentioned I will need assistance from DnA or Lako) but if it's just a SK I can generally find and remove them myself.

As I said at first it was scary but now I've dealt with it a fair few times and the rest of the staff team are quick to help out and work together to solve any of the issues.

On 03/11/2016 at 2:33 AM, Abaddon said:

Is it possible to host a dayz standalone roleplay server ?

There is nothing currently in the works for us opening another server, especially for a seperate game.

How do you guys feel about inequality in moderators/supports work at forums?

For example, if there's a comp request and staff claims to go over them in chronological order which they then don't do that for whatever reason. 

Is that something that that you would consider important? Is equality important to you?

I just wanted to be sure about your policy.

This is a question to both the admins and devs.

Can you explain what is it like to run such a popular server and how stressful or rewarding it is, and how much time do you put in to keep it going like how it is?

Why do we have a level 20 cap? 

7 minutes ago, Badgerr said:

I am genuinely curious about this. 

On 06/02/2017 at 11:55 AM, Badgerr said:

Used to be 15 back in the day

9 minutes ago, Proxy said:

Used to be 15 back in the day

Would be nice to continue being able to level up even if i didnt unlock anything else or get anymore perk points.

Waste of Xp XD

4 minutes ago, Badgerr said:

Would be nice to continue being able to level up even if i didnt unlock anything else or get anymore perk points.

Waste of Xp XD

Doubt they will be that's just my view and not confirmed they won't , perks now seem to just be removed and replaced with better ones I've not seen the xp bar in 14 months 

Just now, Proxy said:

Doubt they will be that's just my view and not confirmed they won't , perks now seem to just be removed and replaced with better ones I've not seen the xp bar in 14 months 

Rest In Peace XP Bar!

There is not really a need for a higher cap other than showing off how fancy you are, we have strong perks currently and it makes more sense to remove or exchange the current perks than to add more and have to rebalance them all. A higher cap means either better perks or upping the level requirement on old perks, both would have a negative effect.

Have you admins/supports/staff members been banned here before and if so what for? Are people eligible  to become support with bans on their record? 

Edited by Zip

Why is there no real definition to the rule about brake checking?

When you get more than the Donation goal like in January, what do you then use the rest money for?GVpFkeV.png

Edited by KristianBinau
Picture

53 minutes ago, KristianBinau said:

When you get more than the Donation goal like in January, what do you then use the rest money for?GVpFkeV.png

I am not a admin but they gave us a 20 day and a 50% sale and as you can see there is now a server 4

1 hour ago, KristianBinau said:

Whilst im not staff they have mentioned previously in many places that it is saved for random expenses that come up as well as when the donation goal is not met.

Edited by strideynet