Welcome to Grand Theft ArmA - The Altis Life Community

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Grand Theft ArmA is looking to expand its development team, do you have what it takes?

Read more
Max Carver

Admin Q&A

112 posts in this topic

This is not a lets be mad and salty at each other thread. It is a topic to ask questions to the staff...

What's the Role of a Senior Admin? And why did you feel that it was necessary for a rank between Admin and Head Admin?

And I know @DnA mentioned that it's being considered earlier in this thread, but have you guys made a decision on whether or not the Rebel Outpost on the NW Airfeild will make a reurn or not?

Edited by Incognito

I'm not entirely sure if this is the right place to ask or not, but here goes:

A little while back the Speed Radar was removed from the APC and NATO. It was never explained why this was done and I still remain really curious because it was extremely handy and created a lot of RP, for me atleast. I'd love to see it come back some day because of that reason.

On 21 May 2016 at 6:27 PM, Incognito said:

A little while back the Speed Radar was removed from the APC and NATO. It was never explained why this was done and I still remain really curious because it was extremely handy and created a lot of RP, for me atleast. I'd love to see it come back some day because of that reason.

Money whore xD

On 21 May 2016 at 6:27 PM, Incognito said:

You could still use rangefinders if you want as a substitute 

1 minute ago, Goundry said:

I know that, but it's not really effective to jump out and use those when a car is speeding. At least in my opinion.

Hi,

I just tried to log onto one of the 3 servers and it says that I was kicked by the admin named 'Phantom' I was wondering what i got kicked for and when, i havnt been online in the past few days as i have been busy and am pretty disappointed i cant play, i got by the in game name of AlexW

Cheers for any help.

What admin menu do you use? Just interested because it seems to have some amazing abilities 

21 minutes ago, Hectrim said:

What admin menu do you use? Just interested because it seems to have some amazing abilities 

It's a custom built one.

Have you admins ever had to ban a staff member before. So say an admin for RDM or a support for being toxic?

If I've been denied on an application for police, may I than still proceed to apply for other functions?

1 minute ago, Ilja said:

If I've been denied on an application for police, may I than still proceed to apply for other functions?

You must wait 14 days to re-apply for police.

You can apply for other factions if you wish.

On 4 June 2016 at 5:19 PM, TacticalHornet said:

Have you admins ever had to ban a staff member before. So say an admin for RDM or a support for being toxic?

It's been done . No excepts made I assume

On 31 May 2016 at 8:36 PM, alexwakeham said:

Hi,

I just tried to log onto one of the 3 servers and it says that I was kicked by the admin named 'Phantom' I was wondering what i got kicked for and when, i havnt been online in the past few days as i have been busy and am pretty disappointed i cant play, i got by the in game name of AlexW

Cheers for any help.

That's a admin name they have set names you can't use to prevent ppl trying to be other people

On 30 May 2016 at 1:27 PM, Goundry said:

Just pull em over anyway hahaha

On 2016-06-04 at 6:19 PM, TacticalHornet said:

They banned Krezzie while he was staff and I think they also banned PJ while he was staff. 

20 minutes ago, CechSero said:

They banned Krezzie while he was staff and I think they also banned PJ while he was staff. 

PJ was staff?

21 minutes ago, TacticalHornet said:

PJ was staff?

I think he was either admin or moderator, can't remember. 

can an admin confirm this?

1 hour ago, CechSero said:

I think he was either admin or moderator, can't remember. 

5 minutes ago, TacticalHornet said:

can an admin confirm this?

PJ was a moderator

b98b53b2fdc502137171868e2fef97db.png

1 minute ago, David B said:

PJ was a moderator

b98b53b2fdc502137171868e2fef97db.png

ah ok, i was thing of @JP xD derp

If shadowplay refuses to record does that mean I can't get comp and also punishment on those who did kill me? 

59 minutes ago, RetardGoat said:

If shadowplay refuses to record does that mean I can't get comp and also punishment on those who did kill me? 

Happened to me many times... Sadly no evidence = no proof of event.

Unfortumately without evidence there isn't much we can do. We'd love to be able to trust everyone but unfortunately all it takes is a few bad eggs to ruin that.

May I move outdated topics/threads in the APC general discussion to the archived part as it states admins only?

Thank you in advance.

@30K message me what topics you need sorting/ changing and ill take a look into this for you.

@Sharky done