Welcome to Grand Theft ArmA - The Altis Life Community

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Have you linked your in-game account with the forums yet? If not then do it now and claim your £125,000 cash reward and forum award!

Link account
Max Carver

Admin Q&A

150 posts in this topic

Dear Admins, 

How is it being an admin? Is it hard? Does it consume a lot of you free time?

Question for DnA:

How did you come up with all the unique ideas? Did they just suddenly pop into your head? 

I can honestly say you guys are doing an amazing job. I wouldn't be as addicted to this game if it wasn't for this amazing community that you've built. 

- Hectrim   

Edited by Hectrim

Will we ever see specific server rules implemented for the cops in order to prevent abuse? Regarding Redzone, Illegals and examples of power gaming.

I think there are some cop rules that should be server rules because they effect other players in a negative way

This question might be more suited for the Rule master @Evo

Edited by CrazyFrank

39 minutes ago, Incognito said:

Do you guys plan on a wipe of player accounts any time soon? Like licences, banks, houses vehicles etc, basically everything :).

Or any time at all ^

I think that will be a huge loss in player base. If it ever happens.

57 minutes ago, McFlurry said:

I think that will be a huge loss in player base. If it ever happens.

I've been here for just under a year and I've not seen one yet. It would give all of the current players, old and new an equal chance to earn money etc. Most Rebels and BLUFOR have way too much money and it's a problem in my eyes.

1 hour ago, Hectrim said:

Dear Admins, 

How is it being an admin? Is it hard? Does it consume a lot of you free time?

How is it being an admin?

None of us would do it if it was terrible, it's like any other job you have good days and you have bad days. Some days I can wake up and really help people and enjoy it, others I wake up and everyone on the server is in arms and screaming at eachother. Overall I enjoy it, I enjoy being a part of this great community and helping it grow, I enjoy meeting all the new people coming to the server and meeting great people to speak to (Or troll around with), I also enjoy being able to make this server a better place, knowing that my ideas or suggestions have foundations and if I push for them I can either get them implemented or have a valid reason as to why they are not implemented.

Is it hard?

Time for a trip into the past.
Before I was an Admin on the server I was seen as a lot nicer of a person, I was in the police back then and had the nickname "Mummy" along side another officer who was "Daddy".

The reasons for these nicknames were I was the nice one and he was the firm one, however when switching over to staff I lost that reputation, as for me the hardest part is making some of these decisions, sometimes I have to deny a report or a comp request due to a lack of evidence or another reason and it feels unfair on the player but for the community to run efficiently, these things need to happen. I hate cases where either way someone loses, this is why I cannot emphasise enough that you guys need to try and sort it out amongst yourselves.

Does it consume a lot of you free time?

Christmas and free weekends are the worst, work loads increase insanely during these times but fortunately we have a large and competent staff team right now and with a little help from everyone, we get there. Reports are at a low right now which is good, where we used to get a hell of a lot more reports than we are currently. Also there are ongoing jokes about certain staff members being "AFK" but these are well needed breaks that seem to rotate, as doing nothing but administration for the server can take a lot out of you. 

It will consume as much time as you give it, there is never a point where there is nothing to do  as a staff member, if you manage to find a lull where there is nothing to clear on the forums and waiting for support is empty, then go run an event, go and answer some suggestions on the forums, jump in game, go and help out some new players. There is always something to do.
So varying staff members will give varying amounts of time to the server depending on what they have free to give.

Final Note

I have been a staff member for well over a year now and I've had my ups and downs with the server, I cannot pretend everything has been rainbows and butterflies with DDOSing, Hackers and Exploiters and the worst would be not getting any appreciation from the community for dealing with all these things. I love being able to give back to a server that has given me so much, I played for so long without donating as I could never afford it, then I moved jobs and became inactive, but the server and the friends I had made along the way we're still there when I returned. I love being able to do all I can to ensure that every single player that logs onto our server, leaves with a smile and a good story to take with them.

Overall though, I love this server, I love the people on this server, I previously was on another server before coming here and my only regret is not coming here sooner, from the Head admins down to the Hobos we are a community, we are a family and no matter what gets thrown at us, we are still standing here when the dust is settled. 

So you asked how it is being an admin, my answer to you is this.

As long as the community is happy, I'm a happy Admin.

So as a lot people may know or will do now , talk of new frame work is been buzz for a while so do you have a set time scale for it? Or even a date you like it to be done by

3 hours ago, DnA said:

Perfect answer right here.

ty that answered a lot :)

5 hours ago, Incognito said:

Do you guys plan on a wipe of player accounts any time soon? Like licences, banks, houses vehicles etc, basically everything :).

Or any time at all ^

This would be good to be honest. Too many gangs with millions of £ hoarded up exist.
Would be interesting to see everyone start from scratch.

1 hour ago, Lord Kek said:

This would be good to be honest. Too many gangs with millions of £ hoarded up exist.
Would be interesting to see everyone start from scratch.

It would be difficult to convince all the players not to leave. Something that stops alot of people leaving is their existing assets. This isn't a dynamic economy so inflation isn't really an issue that needs to be handled. 

10 hours ago, DnA said:

If you can show me a legit recording of NATO shooting someone gathering sand at the mine, I'll give you £100,000,00.

Any NATO wanna split the money? All you gotta do is shoot me at the sand mine? @Verm @InsaneNapkin

JK

Why do NATO finish of people when bleeding out when the madic is not far like 1km?

why do NATO bring strider against people doing a drug run in 3 trucks?

Edited by mode091

4 minutes ago, mode091 said:

Why do NATO finish of people when bleeding out when the madic is not far like 1km?

why do NATO bring strider for people doing a drug run in 3 trucks?

... uwotm9

5 minutes ago, Verm said:

... uwotm9

whats wrong?

Just now, mode091 said:

whats wrong?

This is an admin Q&A...

2 minutes ago, Verm said:

This is an admin Q&A...

ok then no need to answer the question!

10 hours ago, mode091 said:

ok then no need to answer the question!

Nato Q and A would be the place for that quesion.

Would any member of staff be willing to participate in a private interview for Havok Headlines next issue?

1 hour ago, strideynet said:

Would any member of staff be willing to participate in a private interview for Havok Headlines next issue?

I would be happy to, but there will be certain things that either I don't know or am not able to answer at present.

Can you see the Altis Labratory being moved or changed any time in the near future? I like to capture the lab now and then even though I'm level 20, just for some fun. But no one really responds from the Rebel side and to be fair there's not much incentive.

Can we see level 25 coming any time soon?

Any ideas or plans on how to populate the area south of Pyrgos in the future?

On 15 May 2016 at 10:23 PM, Incognito said:

Can you see the Altis Labratory being moved or changed any time in the near future? I like to capture the lab now and then even though I'm level 20, just for some fun. But no one really responds from the Rebel side and to be fair there's not much incentive.

Everyone's max rank pal that's why , no point 

20 minutes ago, Proxy said:

Everyone's max rank pal that's why , no point 

Yeah I know. Would be nice to see more levels, but saying that I know that there are both pros and cons to that. And I know it would take a fuck ton of work.

1 minute ago, Incognito said:

Yeah I know. Would be nice to see more levels, but saying that I know that there are both pros and cons to that. And I know it would take a fuck ton of work.

Add something extra you get with the lab when you get it, could give the gang who take it free trucks to take out when they have it? That's just random idea

Maybe not a bad idea to wipe the accounts it's not like it's hard to get 20 mil in 1 week