Welcome to Grand Theft ArmA - The Altis Life Community

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Altis Police Constabulary is now looking for new applicants!

Apply here
Max Carver

Admin Q&A

147 posts in this topic

Hey,

After the suggestion made on the forums I think it may be a good idea so here we go, I'll make a few rules and explaining to you how this is going to work. Firstly it will most likely be Alex or I answering from the head admins side of thinks although if it is a question that we cannot answer then we will consult either DnA or Lakotiz. Secondly please do not ask any questions already answered in the question & help forum.

Other than that you have free reign to ask any questions although we will be giving warning points for stupid questions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When you founded GTA did you expect it to be this succesful and expand to rust and other mobile games?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there going to be any new {Il}legal runs added  into GTA?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

also thanks for making this a thing, goes to show how good ideas do come to life :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Hornet said:

When you founded GTA did you expect it to be this succesful and expand to rust and other mobile games?

Well this is one of the questions only Lakotiz can answer, although from what Lakotiz has told me he didn't expect it to blow up as it did although after putting so much work into it he was hoping for it. We don't plan to expand to fully support another game to the extend that we do ArmA although we do occasional host other game servers such as Rust or Minecraft every now and then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Hornet said:

When you founded GTA did you expect it to be this succesful and expand to rust and other mobile games?

Only one member from the staff team currently are one of the founding members of the server and that would be Lakotiz.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Rabs said:

Is there going to be any new {Il}legal runs added  into GTA?

Soon ™

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How often do you get people who make false accusations of Admin abuse, and how do you react when you find out they were lying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Rabs said:

Is there going to be any new {Il}legal runs added  into GTA?

one day™

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What was the thought behind the new redzone? Seems to have made it much much easier to do drug runs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Max Carver said:

Well this is one of the questions only Lakotiz can answer, although from what Lakotiz has told me he didn't expect it to blow up as it did although after putting so much work into it he was hoping for it. We don't plan to expand to fully support another game to the extend that we do ArmA although we do occasional host other game servers such as Rust or Minecraft every now and then.

I think this archived thread will also provide some information regarding that question. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Villini said:

How often do you get people who make false accusations of Admin abuse, and how do you react when you find out they were lying.

We don't get many 'false' accusations but normally people accusing an admin but was wrong. If somebody is publically accusing an admin of abuse and knowing full well that he is lying and is just doing it to cause problems then he would recieve punishment. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Verm said:

I think this archived thread will also provide some information regarding that question. 

 

Perfect answer right here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, knight said:

What was the thought behind the new redzone? Seems to have made it much much easier to do drug runs. 

  1. Overall the island just didn't feel like a rebel land.
  2. The island itself was cut off by a bottleneck which actually scared off most new players from doing things like booze.
  3. The north west of Altis was not really being used for anything and is far more interesting and varied in terms of topography.
  4. Drug runs and booze runs are most definitely shorter now and that of course is my intent. While high end drugs such as meth and cocaine may have shorter routes, they are now vastly more dangerous for rebels due to the red zone rules.
  5. The primary reason I spent hours planning the and moving the new red zone was of course to rob @Paulius's house.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DnA said:
  1.  
  2. The primary reason I spent hours planning the and moving the new red zone was of course to rob @Paulius's house.
  3. +1

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, DnA said:
  1. Overall the island just didn't feel like a rebel land.
  2. The island itself was cut off by a bottleneck which actually scared off most new players from doing things like booze.
  3. The north west of Altis was not really being used for anything and is far more interesting and varied in terms of topography.
  4. Drug runs and booze runs are most definitely shorter now and that of course is my intent. While high end drugs such as meth and cocaine may have shorter routes, they are now vastly more dangerous for rebels due to the red zone rules.
  5. The primary reason I spent hours planning the and moving the new red zone was of course to rob @Paulius's house.

Will the map stay like this for a long time now?

 

PS: The change is fantastic :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just don't get one thing why is the sand mine in the red zone. Just imagine you are doing sand and get benched sniped by NATO weres the logic in that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, zVrocker2 said:

Will the map stay like this for a long time now?

 

PS: The change is fantastic :)

If there aren't any major issues, then it's most likely the red zone will remain in it's new location for a fair while.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Dantistas said:

I just don't get one thing why is the sand mine in the red zone. Just imagine you are doing sand and get benched sniped by NATO weres the logic in that?

I highly doubt you'd get bench sniped doing sand without being approached for rp by blufor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Dantistas said:

I just don't get one thing why is the sand mine in the red zone. Just imagine you are doing sand and get benched sniped by NATO weres the logic in that?

If you can show me a legit recording of NATO shooting someone gathering sand at the mine, I'll give you £100,000,00.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why dont you add back the rebel outpost at the airfield above syrta? Great memories from there and it would fit in with a rebel outpost in the rebel land

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Snippi said:

Why dont you add back the rebel outpost at the airfield above syrta? Great memories from there and it would fit in with a rebel outpost in the rebel land

It's being considered.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Will anything more ever be implemented into the South-East of the island? Now the Weed field, pro and Money Launderer has gone its seems very dead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, DnA said:
  1. The primary reason I spent hours planning the and moving the new red zone was of course to rob @Paulius's house.

Don't forget about T3D. #adminswantyournightstalker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you guys plan on a wipe of player accounts any time soon? Like licences, banks, houses vehicles etc, basically everything :).

Or any time at all ^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now