Welcome to Grand Theft ArmA - The Altis Life Community

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Have you linked your in-game account with the forums yet? If not then do it now and claim your £125,000 cash reward and forum award!

Link account
Raiden

NATO Q & A

789 posts in this topic

Are NATO officers allowed to spawn Striders during combat situation? (If they are outside of combat area, 1.5km)

Are NATO officers allowed to spawn Striders during combat situation? (If they are outside of combat area, 1.5km)

server rules are server rules, regardless of the faction. and as for that, im pretty sure that this is the same as rebels, that we cant leave a combat situation to get better stuff to leave in. but more in depth of these rules, a staff member would be able to explain more in depth. @Trapped

Pretty sure they have the CTRG MK.2 vests which tend to sponge a lot more bullets than the Carrier rig (black). Not to mention they generally have access to powerful weaponary, including ghost hawks and what not, that combined with their knowledge of how they each play it can proof very effective. 

We have the "CTRG Mk.1" and "CTRG Mk.2" aswell as the US equivelent "Carrier Rig (Green)" and "Carrier Lite (Green)". If you do some tests you will find that these vests (the heavy one) takes les bullets than the "GA Carrier Rig" and is on par with the "GA Carrier Lite/GL" and the "Raven Vest".

The CTRG Mk.2 has the same stats as the "Carrier Rig (green)" and the "Carrier Rig (black)" as far as i can recall from the extensive tests i have done with @DnA on the subject.

Nato aswell as rebels have acess too the GL version of these armors which has changed from when we tested but as far as i can see nobody uses these (in NATO) as they are too damn heavy and don't offer more protection, just a bigger area of protection (Such as groin / Shoulder protection).

Edit:
Just too dispel a myth. The "Special Rig" was removed from NATO long ago after tests showed it could eat a .408 bullet. It has been nerfed since that but it's not back in the NATO arsenal.

We have the "CTRG Mk.1" and "CTRG Mk.2" aswell as the US equivelent "Carrier Rig (Green)" and "Carrier Lite (Green)". If you do some tests you will find that these vests (the heavy one) takes les bullets than the "GA Carrier Rig" and is on par with the "GA Carrier Lite/GL" and the "Raven Vest".

The CTRG Mk.2 has the same stats as the "Carrier Rig (green)" and the "Carrier Rig (black)" as far as i can recall from the extensive tests i have done with @DnA on the subject.

Nato aswell as rebels have acess too the GL version of these armors which has changed from when we tested but as far as i can see nobody uses these (in NATO) as they are too damn heavy and don't offer more protection, just a bigger area of protection (Such as groin / Shoulder protection).

and as for this, ive tested in the shoulders, and it lowers the dammage only slightly, as you said, not worth wearing. 

Does NATO also get experience from the capture sector when the APC had captured it?

Does NATO also get experience from the capture sector when the APC had captured it?

Yes, and the same amount i believe.

What are NATO's restrictions for the Neochori and Royal Mint banks? 

For example, in a Neochori bank robbery the APC only take a Hunter if the rebels robbing the bank are seen with an Ifrit. Does this apply to NATO?

And what are the rifle restrictions? The APC have weapon crate that is opened in a bank robbery, do NATO also have this feature? Thanks for the reply in advance.

Edited by Incognito!

Our restriction for Neochori is to stay outside the operation unless called in by the APC, unless there is barely enough blufor online to rob Neochori counting the NATO members.

There is no restriction imposed in the handbook about using MRAPS in a bank op, but we tend to only bring MRAPS if it is deemed necessary (for instance the enemy has their own MRAPS, or say, we get called in when the robbers are leaving and we risk getting led into an amush or shot while moving).

When you say rifle restrictions i'm not entirely sure what you mean. If you are talking about marksmen rifles, standard is one marksman unless we have enough men to have 2 squads. If you are talking about normal assault rifles we don't have any restrictions on them.

Ok, so what I mean is: The APC obviously have standard rifles that they may patrol with depending on their rank, and so do NATO. But when Neochori/Royal Mint is triggered they have access to a crate so they are able to get better weaponry to attend the bank with. Is this the case with NATO too?

Ok, so what I mean is: The APC obviously have standard rifles that they may patrol with depending on their rank, and so do NATO. But when Neochori/Royal Mint is triggered they have access to a crate so they are able to get better weaponry to attend the bank with. Is this the case with NATO too?

no, we do not have access to a crate. each rank has access to their own weaponry, so you will not see a Pvt. with a mar-10 for example

NATO doesn't have a crate with better weapons in them that just let people take whatever they want. What gear you have available is restricted by rank, or whether a ranking officer chooses to gear someone up.

There is obviously some weapons we shouldn't patrol with, as stated in the handbook.

can Nato use AA Titan launches out side of the green zone?

Yes, but only on Choppers in the purple zone.  You can still be fired upon after leaving these zones, or if you're hovering on the edge (essentially trolling NATO)

What are the rules in combat at the bank? Because last time we had a hostage and NATO just started spraying through the walls, killing us AND the hostage.

What are the rules in combat at the bank? Because last time we had a hostage and NATO just started spraying through the walls, killing us AND the hostage.

server rules are server rules. nothing diffrent with NATO. if something like this happens, go and talk to the officers of NATO, because things like that should not happen. 

server rules are server rules. nothing diffrent with NATO. if something like this happens, go and talk to the officers of NATO, because things like that should not happen. 

Then how come NATO can spawn within 2K of Royal and bring MRAPS long after the fight had already started?

Then how come NATO can spawn within 2K of Royal and bring MRAPS long after the fight had already started?

Have you brought this up with the NATO officers?

NATO doesn't have a crate with better weapons in them that just let people take whatever they want. What gear you have available is restricted by rank, or whether a ranking officer chooses to gear someone up.

There is obviously some weapons we shouldn't patrol with, as stated in the handbook.

Thanks for your replies!

Have you brought this up with the NATO officers?

Not really, figured this might be a good place.

Could you elaborate?I mean i understand spawning MRAPS after the fight had started (it is a mission zone after all) but spawning so close that we can rangefind you and be confused whether we wanna shoot or not, can be quite messy.

Not really, figured this might be a good place.

Could you elaborate?I mean i understand spawning MRAPS after the fight had started (it is a mission zone after all) but spawning so close that we can rangefind you and be confused whether we wanna shoot or not, can be quite messy.

I clearly stated when posting this that legitimate complaints should be taken to the officers.

Hi, just wondering, will we ever see someone sort of NATO roster? Like maybe in the handbook or something? Also while mentioning the handbook, it mentions breakchecking people to disable wheels I think, you might want to change that since the new rules and how it's VDM to breakcheck you know?

Hi, just wondering, will we ever see someone sort of NATO roster? Like maybe in the handbook or something? Also while mentioning the handbook, it mentions breakchecking people to disable wheels I think, you might want to change that since the new rules and how it's VDM to breakcheck you know?

as for the roster, i will have a officer reply to. But as for the handbook, it is the old handbook, a new one is being worked on, but is not ready, therefor some thing will bediffrent then what currenty is allowed or not.

as for the roster, i will have a officer reply to. But as for the handbook, it is the old handbook, a new one is being worked on, but is not ready, therefor some thing will bediffrent then what currenty is allowed or not.

Ok thanks for the swift reply, the only reason why I would like to see a roster is just to see whose in it and stuff :)

Ok thanks for the swift reply, the only reason why I would like to see a roster is just to see whose in it and stuff :)

i understand, and i agree.

Edit:
Just too dispel a myth. The "Special Rig" was removed from NATO long ago after tests showed it could eat a .408 bullet. It has been nerfed since that but it's not back in the NATO arsenal.

To my knowledge the type of clothing combined with a vest makes a difference. And once again, to my knowledge only CSAT clothing buff the armor. I assume you can enlighten me as you guys have made extensive tests.

If that is the case, I would like to know why heavy duty clothing was removed from the rebel store.