Welcome to Grand Theft ArmA - The Altis Life Community

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Have you linked your in-game account with the forums yet? If not then do it now and claim your £125,000 cash reward and forum award!

Link account
Raiden

NATO Q & A

789 posts in this topic

I'm really happy to see you guys back and might even try and put in an app this time round. It already seems you guys are receiving a bit of a roasting from people but as always it's natural for people to hate those who always beat them ;D/

Out of personal interest what size of a force will NATO try to maintain? Personally just curious because of the much bigger police force we have now.

as far as i know, our force is not dependent on how large the police force are. But how big ours will be, is not discussed yet. We will see when recruitment opens.      @Redbull correct me if im wrong here. 

Edited by Zonic

I've read the old NATO handbook and i am wondering what guns does every rank have? like in the cops handbook you can see CSO Weapons: Tazer Weapon box: Verming, sting. 

Could you write it here? Like Pvt: Weapon. Etc :)

Edited by Dennis

I've read the old NATO handbook and i am wondering what guns does every rank have? like in the cops handbook you can see CSO Weapons: Tazer Weapon box: Verming, sting. 

Could you write it here? Like Pvt: Weapon. Etc :)

Pvt. Mx, Katiba and below. 

L.cpl. Mx sw, mxm and below.

Cpl. Mk200, 7.62 series, Asp. And below.

Sgt. Mar-10, Cyrus, and below. 

No more new weapons above the rank of Sgt.

Pvt. Mx, Katiba and below. 

L.cpl. Mx sw, mxm and below.

Cpl. Mk200, 7.62 series, Asp. And below.

Sgt. Mar-10, Cyrus, and below. 

No more new weapons above the rank of Sgt.

Thank you. Can a SGT take out a Cyrus or a Mar-10 when ever they want? I know their is always a machine gunner and a marksmen in the patrol team but can the marksmen take out that if he is Sgt?

Not for patroling, most will take a 7.62 at most. Sometimes the MXM.

The Cyrus and MAR are for situations only.

Not for patroling, most will take a 7.62 at most. Sometimes the MXM.

The Cyrus and MAR are for situations only.

What about the ASP?

The other day NATO came to drug dealer and when they fought us one of them had an ASP.

i'm guessing they got tipped off aswell

What about the ASP?

The other day NATO came to drug dealer and when they fought us one of them had an ASP.

i'm guessing they got tipped off aswell

the asp is used more like a shotgun, and has no restriction, but we jude if we need it with common sense, as it is only useful at a certain range. But we dont use it that much. 

Want to know why are NATO allowed to spawn within 2k of bank jobs.

Today was the second time i saw NATO spawn in one of their bases less than 2k from the Royal mint, last  time they also spawned a strider.

I think this is unfair as the rebels can't do that and even normal cops don't do it.

Thanks for answering in advance.

Want to know why are NATO allowed to spawn within 2k of bank jobs.

Today was the second time i saw NATO spawn in one of their bases less than 2k from the Royal mint, last  time they also spawned a strider.

I think this is unfair as the rebels can't do that and even normal cops don't do it.

Thanks for answering in advance.

normal cops do that 9 times out of 10.

normal cops do that 9 times out of 10.

I know but with NATO it's quite excessive when they spawn a strider 600m from us...

Edited by Krest

I know but with NATO it's quite excessive when they spawn a strider 600m from us...

I've seen lots of gans logging in, spawning at closest spawn, and getting into combat, without even initiating. So i wouldn't call this a BLUfor only problem to be fair.

Would it be possible to make NATO actually adhere to the rules of the Geneva Convention like they do in real life.  For example, NATO aren't allowed to kill or further injure already downed enemies, they have to detain them and give them medical attention. If NATO were to actually follow this in the server it would allow for some extra roleplay to be squeezed out of some situations. It also shows you are sticking to the peacekeeping strategy by locking the enemies up and gathering intel, rather than just outright killing them.

Cheers for the response in advance.

Can this be answered.

Can this be answered.

I belive Adam already made a good point on this.

I belive Adam already made a good point on this.

I don't quite think he did myself. He said, and i quote "When are the rebels going to start acting like they are actualy figthing against the goverment for the people instead of robbing civilians trying to get by and murdering their own over a truckload of copper? And when is the police going to learn the rights of civilians in greece?"

Rebels don't actually have to act like they're fighting against the government. Not all rebels have a cause and not all rebels are against the government. Some could be pro-government. Now i know most of the gangs have the whole "death to the government" theme going on and i'll agree with you that some of them don't exactly act like it, BUT if you go onto the server you can frequently see the police fighting against more of the stronger groups who are against the government.

As for the whole "murdering their own over a truckload of copper" thing. I  would say that newer rebels have to start somewhere and even at that, some people have the mentality of "money is money" but won't think about the repercussions or about what they're actually doing.

Now, onto "When is the police going to learn the rights of civilians in Greece". That's up to the APC to decide and as far as i know, this island is ran by a British Constabulary and the government is in fact British, not Greek. Hence why we use £'s to trade and not Euros.

Finally, onto my last point. Just because there are things that should be corrected or ironed out on the Rebel and APC sides doesn't mean that NATO should completely disregard the Geneva Convention. Let alone ignore the fact that it was brought up. (I know this last paragraph seems like a rant but i can assure you i did not mean to put it across that way)

How are you guys so good? ;)

Hacks.

Serious answer though, we are all experienced players most of us have over 1000 hours in Arma, we rely heavily on communication and work extremely well as a team.
We have training sessions and everyone has a loose role set for them, as in certain players excel at range and will be marksman, where as others are better close up and will become riflemen.

Speaking for myself though, NATO works well as a team, you will see that individually or with other groups we aren't as strong.

But I have questionable combat skills anyway so what would I know :P

Does NATO get gear that not even advanced rebels get becuase the vests you guys have are so fucking op.

im asking this because we had a fight with NATO earlier, i had a 5.56, I see a NATO and i litrally shot him about 8 times then i get shot from behind and killed. 

I mean i appreciate how skilled you guys are but maybe your gear is to op.  

Does NATO get gear that not even advanced rebels get becuase the vests you guys have are so fucking op.

im asking this because we had a fight with NATO earlier, i had a 5.56, I see a NATO and i litrally shot him about 8 times then i get shot from behind and killed. 

I mean i appreciate how skilled you guys are but maybe your gear is to op.  

As far as I know, NATO vests are not any more armored then the vests advanced rebels have access to. In fact rebels have access to better vests.

As far as I know, NATO vests are not any more armored then the vests advanced rebels have access to. In fact rebels have access to better vests.

Correct, they are infact less armored than the advanced rebel vests. The advanced rebel vests also provides crotch protection which the NATO ones doesn't. Hence we are actually in a disadvantage when it comes to armour.

Correct, they are infact less armored than the advanced rebel vests. The advanced rebel vests also provides crotch protection which the NATO ones doesn't. Hence we are actually in a disadvantage when it comes to armour.

oh right i always thought NATO had like the most overpowered armour out of every faction. Also im looking for something To improve my combat, any ways or gamemodes you would recommend like KOTH or something like that???

The people in NATO are also good friends and have been playing with eachother for a long time and that is why their communication with eachother is so good and they get a good advantage by that. 

oh right i always thought NATO had like the most overpowered armour out of every faction. Also im looking for something To improve my combat, any ways or gamemodes you would recommend like KOTH or something like that???

Depending if you want to learn tactics or just general gameplay there is a lot of variety. For tactics you can find yourself a milsim group which will teach you a lot of teamplay and tactics. For gameplay KOTH and Wasteland is more than enough, but this is moving a bit off topic so I'm not going to go further on this topic.

This is a hard question to answer. The NATO unit has a long time had the same core and afther multiple months most of us got burnt out and became semi active or inactive. To remedy this we lowered our recruitment standard and ended up mass recruiting to fill both servers and had a decline in quality as we didn't have time to train so many new players and get them to the standard we wanted. Many members wanted to try out rebel life as rebel life at the time was somewhat dead and that ended up in the creating of the gangs CSAT and Spetsnaz. After this happened it was clear to see that the police was strugling to coop with this change.

Most of the former officers came togheter and agreed to try again after our little vecation so we decided to reform the force with a focus on roleplay and peackeeping. So far we are trying to balance peacekeeping and "hunting" rebels with a emphasis on the former. Saying this when it comes to late nigth we will focus on stopping illeagal farming as there is next to no cops online.

country to popular belief NATO was not removed because it killed rebel life or for being too op but rather because we the officers did not like the direction it was heading in and the fact that we where burnt out with no one to take over the force.

Our old handbook need some tuning on regulations (especially greenzone anti air and Wipeout A-164 usage) and some note on equipment and peacekeeping. The handbook will be public but our restrictions will most likely be kept internal to avoid drama. If you want to a link to our old handbook PM me.

Regarding the latter part of your comment, why have you decided to keep restrictions internal? It simply does not make any sense as all other hand books are pretty much open for the public to view as they wish, meanwhile it would reduce drama - it's also unfair as if a NATO member does do something that is not entirley within the bounds of the NATO rules then there is nothing any of us can do because we don't know for a fact he's done something wrong, also it seems like it would allow for wiggle room when said NATO member breaks a rule or grey areas a rule. For example, when NATO first came back I recall CMA/NATO having a fight, CMA retreats to their gang base to fend off NATO and all of a sudden we see a Strider coming into the compound even though we do not have any mrap's out; later on we discovered that NATO are indeed allowed to do that in the case they're at a extreme disadvantage, in this case the disadvantage being quite literally fighting an uphill battle but because we were under the impression (from logical deduction) that an MRAP would not be within the cards to be played as we had no mraps; in other words, we were at a tactical disadvantage of sorts because we were unaware you are allowed to use mraps, but you were fully aware - things like this greatly affect gameplay, not to mention they don't take place within the APC, so I guess what I'm asking is why is NATO an exception to quite a few rules? 

Pretty sure they have the CTRG MK.2 vests which tend to sponge a lot more bullets than the Carrier rig (black). Not to mention they generally have access to powerful weaponary, including ghost hawks and what not, that combined with their knowledge of how they each play it can proof very effective. 

Regarding the latter part of your comment, why have you decided to keep restrictions internal? It simply does not make any sense as all other hand books are pretty much open for the public to view as they wish, meanwhile it would reduce drama - it's also unfair as if a NATO member does do something that is not entirley within the bounds of the NATO rules then there is nothing any of us can do because we don't know for a fact he's done something wrong, also it seems like it would allow for wiggle room when said NATO member breaks a rule or grey areas a rule. For example, when NATO first came back I recall CMA/NATO having a fight, CMA retreats to their gang base to fend off NATO and all of a sudden we see a Strider coming into the compound even though we do not have any mrap's out; later on we discovered that NATO are indeed allowed to do that in the case they're at a extreme disadvantage, in this case the disadvantage being quite literally fighting an uphill battle but because we were under the impression (from logical deduction) that an MRAP would not be within the cards to be played as we had no mraps; in other words, we were at a tactical disadvantage of sorts because we were unaware you are allowed to use mraps, but you were fully aware - things like this greatly affect gameplay, not to mention they don't take place within the APC, so I guess what I'm asking is why is NATO an exception to quite a few rules? 

I would quite like to see a handbook about what NATO can and can't do to. Maybe keep out classified stuff like the APC have?

Pretty sure they have the CTRG MK.2 vests which tend to sponge a lot more bullets than the Carrier rig (black). Not to mention they generally have access to powerful weaponary, including ghost hawks and what not, that combined with their knowledge of how they each play it can proof very effective. 

The restrictions are kept internally to avoid drama, and going outside of restrictions is not against server rules so it really is no use to have them public. If you feel like somebody in NATO has done something wrong feel free to report it to one of the officers and they'll look into it and deal with it with the member in question. 

On your 2nd one I have already explained that our vests are far less spongy than the rebel ones.