Welcome to Grand Theft ArmA - The Altis Life Community

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Have you linked your in-game account with the forums yet? If not then do it now and claim your £125,000 cash reward and forum award!

Link account
Raiden

NATO Q & A

789 posts in this topic

why can NATO members rob the bank and gas stations when off-duty but APC can't?

why can NATO members rob the bank and gas stations when off-duty but APC can't?

we rarely do, its been as far as i know a long long time since it happend. usually its been after peak time, when noting happens, and both apc and nato wanted to have some fun. why the apc cant, you are gonna have to ask from the leadership in the apc. 

How does the NATO ranks work? And who decides who is promoted?

How does the NATO ranks work? And who decides who is promoted?

Just like any other ranks i believe? We try to follow the chain of command, Higher ranks mean you have more equipment available, and you get different responsibilities.

Promotion is decided by the higher ranks, but unlike the APC there's no regular time for handing out promotions, and you can't expect to rank up after being in NATO for a certain time.

Just like any other ranks i believe? We try to follow the chain of command, Higher ranks mean you have more equipment available, and you get different responsibilities.

Promotion is decided by the higher ranks, but unlike the APC there's no regular time for handing out promotions, and you can't expect to rank up after being in NATO for a certain time.

I meant what are the names of the ranks and what is the order also when I asked how they worked.

Is there any sort of "Special Departments" or groups specific for styles of combat like for example here at the APC we have DMT for sniping.

I meant what are the names of the ranks and what is the order also when I asked how they worked.

Is there any sort of "Special Departments" or groups specific for styles of combat like for example here at the APC we have DMT for sniping.

The ranks from the bottom to the top is: Private, Lance Corporal, Corporal, Sergeant, Staff Sergeant, Lieutenant, Captain, Major and Colonel.

There are no special departments in NATO, although some people prefer filling certain roles, such as marksmen and machinegunners.

The ranks from the bottom to the top is: Private, Lance Corporal, Corporal, Sergeant, Staff Sergeant, Lieutenant, Captain, Major and Colonel.

There are no special departments in NATO, although some people prefer filling certain roles, such as marksmen and machinegunners.

How many Colonel's are there? Or is there just one?

Would it be possible to make NATO actually adhere to the rules of the Geneva Convention like they do in real life.  For example, NATO aren't allowed to kill or further injure already downed enemies, they have to detain them and give them medical attention. If NATO were to actually follow this in the server it would allow for some extra roleplay to be squeezed out of some situations. It also shows you are sticking to the peacekeeping strategy by locking the enemies up and gathering intel, rather than just outright killing them.

Cheers for the response in advance.

How many Colonel's are there? Or is there just one?

There is only one Colonel - It's DnA.

Do NATO follow the same rule as APC for neochori bank jobs of only bringing an MRAP if a rebel MRAP has been seen? (I've been wondering on this a ton) and if not why not? Cheers

Do NATO follow the same rule as APC for neochori bank jobs of only bringing an MRAP if a rebel MRAP has been seen? (I've been wondering on this a ton) and if not why not? Cheers

I think they answered this earlier, they mentioned they bring it out if they deem it necessary I believe.

we can take out striders if we feel like it is needed. altough personally, i try to limit it abit,  lately, its been mostly used at banks only. and no, we do not always execute when we kill, if they are blocking a way, or giving out info then yes. 

Doyle, this is what I meant

Which are current NATO bases/spawns, since most of the previous ones became gang bases?

Which are current NATO bases/spawns, since most of the previous ones became gang bases?

We have Kavala Barracks, Military Base (Pyrgos), Naval Base (South of Airfield) and Air Base (Air Field)

Will recruitment open ?

Will recruitment open ?

Not yet, but at a time the officers feel it is needed, Recruitment will open.

Who is Lt. other than RedBull?

Redbull is the rank of Major, Rick is the Lt

To expand on havoks answer.

Our current officer roster looks like this:
Colonel - DnA
Major - RedBull
Captain - Cheeki
Lieutenant - Rick

Other ranks of importance:
Staff Sergeant - Havok
Sergeant - Captain America
Sergeant - Zonic

Would it be possible to make NATO actually adhere to the rules of the Geneva Convention like they do in real life.  For example, NATO aren't allowed to kill or further injure already downed enemies, they have to detain them and give them medical attention. If NATO were to actually follow this in the server it would allow for some extra roleplay to be squeezed out of some situations. It also shows you are sticking to the peacekeeping strategy by locking the enemies up and gathering intel, rather than just outright killing them.

bump

When are the rebels going to start acting like they are actualy figthing against the goverment for the people instead of robbing civilians trying to get by and murdering their own over a truckload of copper? And when is the police going to learn the rights of civilians in greece?

Why does NATO have drones, have the ability to rob banks as off-duty etc? I understand that you "rarely do" but if you rarely do it don't you think you might aswell not be able to do it. If APC has to patrol with Helicopters so should NATO, if APC can't rob banks neither should NATO. Personally I feel as if NATO is superior to APC which is strange as APC are in-charge of the island.

Why does NATO have drones, have the ability to rob banks as off-duty etc? I understand that you "rarely do" but if you rarely do it don't you think you might aswell not be able to do it. If APC has to patrol with Helicopters so should NATO, if APC can't rob banks neither should NATO. Personally I feel as if NATO is superior to APC which is strange as APC are in-charge of the island.

I belive that both your questions have already been answered earlier in this thread. Im not sure what you are on about with APC being in charge of the island as this isnt a dictatorship. Please elaborate on your last point.

I belive that both your questions have already been answered earlier in this thread. Im not sure what you are on about with APC being in charge of the island as this isnt a dictatorship. Please elaborate on your last point.

It's fine, I just felt as if NATO and APC should abide by the same rules such as not being able to rob banks as off-duty.

It's fine, I just felt as if NATO and APC should abide by the same rules such as not being able to rob banks as off-duty.

We give our members a lot a freedom when it comes do playing off duty as we put a lot of trust into them. If they abuse this trust we will stop them from playing rebel all togheter. We have a lot of rules when it comes to playing rebel and if they can't adhere to those rules they will be sanctioned. So far NATO playing offduty has not created any big problems since the day me and max carver changed the rules regarding this.

The cops have different rules in this regard, they can play offduty after 12 so you will never realy see any police online during the night or early morning which can be crippling as some days the server fills up early. We have also seen with some offduty cop gangs that they are unable to follow rules and causes internal drama in the cop force such as K.Y.T where some members ended up with a community ban.

You must remember that while both NATO and the APC are bluefor factions we follow completly different handbooks and rules and play differently. There is a reason why NATO is not under the APC as we in NATO don't want it that way and that it would not make sense in RP.

Robbing banks offduty happens rarly and it has to be approved by an officer. The officer will speak with any high ranking cop online for their opinion and jugde by the numbers of police online. I actualy enjoy banks done by half of NATO as they are usualy interesting to try and stop.

If you want to discuss this further please open a convesation over PM as i don't want to clutter this Q&A thread with this topic.

I'm really happy to see you guys back and might even try and put in an app this time round. It already seems you guys are receiving a bit of a roasting from people but as always it's natural for people to hate those who always beat them ;D/

Out of personal interest what size of a force will NATO try to maintain? Personally just curious because of the much bigger police force we have now.